The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiple issues: Entry page, Turning off Auto-Watch, modification of notification messages

Go down

Multiple issues: Entry page, Turning off Auto-Watch, modification of notification messages Empty Multiple issues: Entry page, Turning off Auto-Watch, modification of notification messages

Post by sparrowvandeverre October 26th 2008, 12:31 pm

I've been trying to figure some of these out for a while:
the use of an entry page, so that the first time someone visits, a page pops up for them to read, like the popup ads, that uses java to jump in front of the actual page, or an actual page... either works

Secondly, the whole auto-watch thing... I was trying to think of a way to change it so that it doesn't always put a topic on watch, if you post there, or even just a way to make it so it only sends the person a PM (preferably with an "unwatch this topic" link), and not an email.

Third, turning on email verification.

Last thing, I've been trying to work through the templates, and some of the more ambiguous settings on the site, trying to understand what they say... also, couldn't really find a proper guide for it... any suggestions (Other than just toggling settings, and looking for a change... That's a ton of work that I don't have as much time for as I want to.

Edit: Something else I've noticed. when you post a reply, it shows the box to "view your post" or "Go back to the forum" for far too short, before just going back to the post. it my be just my browser, but is there some way to set that so it doesn't arbitrarily time out, and send you back to the post?

Any bit of help is good, thanks.
sparrowvandeverre

Language : English

Back to top Go down