The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how to put a url of my forum on google and yahoo and .... etc

5 posters

Go down

how to put a url of my forum on google and yahoo and .... etc Empty how to put a url of my forum on google and yahoo and .... etc

Post by a-jay October 31st 2008, 5:08 pm

hi everybody,

i was following your steps here in this link
https://help.forumotion.com/frequently-asked-questions-f5/google-webmaster-tools-t9488.htm
and i want to add my url to google and yahoo but the problem is that after i press on Display you say go to homepage , and then general and then You will see a box for meta tags. Your google meta tag MUST go in the top of this box at the very start or it wont work. Add the meta tag and save.

... i cant finf the step after Dispay i found homepage which i can only press on Generalities[/font]
but i dont know what to do , so can you help me please with this?
a-jay

Language : english, arabic

Back to top Go down

how to put a url of my forum on google and yahoo and .... etc Empty Re: how to put a url of my forum on google and yahoo and .... etc

Post by Big D November 1st 2008, 3:18 am

Yahoo, Google, and MSN have free url addition.
Big D

Language : english

http://rocknroll.heavenforum.com/

Back to top Go down

how to put a url of my forum on google and yahoo and .... etc Empty Re: how to put a url of my forum on google and yahoo and .... etc

Post by Darren1 November 1st 2008, 3:25 am

Yahoo, google and msn have free URL watchdogs, but you can spped up how often you get them to check out ur site by adding ur site to their directory.
Personally, myy forum has ben up for abotu 2 months now, and only yahoo has been on it...idk why google hasnt yet.

Give google, msn, yahoo and other peoples like them time to find ur site.

P.S. the mroe active ur site is the more likely ur site is going to be checked out often.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by a-jay November 9th 2008, 11:24 pm

well wut about the <META> thingy???? it say tht ihve to put it in the <HEAD> of the forum
a-jay

Language : english, arabic

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex November 10th 2008, 9:55 am

Bold and Colored text are reserved for moderation, by staff members only.

Thats my tutorial, it just needs upating since the admin panel changed. You should be able to add your tag, in generalities, additional meta tags. Make sure its the very first one in the box and save Smile
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

how to put a url of my forum on google and yahoo and .... etc Empty ADD your forum to Google Directory

Post by xploreraj December 15th 2008, 1:47 pm

The first thing is to get more users and visitors to your forum by advertising it.

• In the head section of your page, add META TAGS and relevant keywords. Click Here to generate.
• Add your forum url to Google directory, which is free. Click Here to add.

For example, in google search box, type xploreraj and hit enter to see results associated with me.
Probably, this will do. To get more specific results, contact concerned webmasters who will charge a specific fee to do that for you.

Best of Luck
xploreraj
xploreraj

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum