The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP - I do not want anyone to read the posts on our forum

2 posters

Go down

HELP - I do not want anyone to read the posts on our forum Empty HELP - I do not want anyone to read the posts on our forum

Post by elinsigr November 18th 2008, 12:49 am

Hello

I am an admin of Leynifélagið in Iceland. I do not want anyone to be able to read our posts at our forum.

I am just wondering who the Guest below is. I have copied the IP address.

Who is Online ?
In total there are 5 users online :: 4 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: More informations

Elín Mon 17 Nov 2008 - 21:59 Mon 17 Nov 2008 - 23:35 Viewing the forum index **********
Anna Björg Mon 17 Nov 2008 - 23:25 Mon 17 Nov 2008 - 23:35 Viewing the forum index *************
Erna Mon 17 Nov 2008 - 23:26 Mon 17 Nov 2008 - 23:33 Viewing the forum index **********
rosa Mon 17 Nov 2008 - 23:00 Mon 17 Nov 2008 - 23:33 Viewing the forum index ***********
Guest Mon 17 Nov 2008 - 23:03 Mon 17 Nov 2008 - 23:34 Viewing who is online ************

Users
Users options
The informations below will allow you to customize users forum options.
Members

Default automatic login status : Yes No
New accounts activation : Automatic activation User Admin
Send notify email on new user registrations : None Moderator Admin
Allow new members : Yes No
Allow members to unsubscribe : Yes No
Allow guests to vote : Yes No
Colorize usernames : : Yes No

Is there any of you who can read our forum: I know you do not understand anything but can you read our forum?
http://leynifelagid.friendhood.net/forum.htm

Last edited by Placehold on November 18th 2008, 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : IP Address's Removed - Placehold)
elinsigr

Language : octavia

Back to top Go down

HELP - I do not want anyone to read the posts on our forum Empty Re: HELP - I do not want anyone to read the posts on our forum

Post by Guest November 18th 2008, 12:54 am

Hello Smile

Unfortunately what happens when you have locked the forum is that no matter what the person sees, whether it be a login page or a an error page the person will still show up as a guest and state that they are "Viewing" the forum index when in actual fact they are not

I would not worry about that guest, there is no danger with the way it appears

EDIT*** Almost forgot, No i cant view your forum Smile

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

HELP - I do not want anyone to read the posts on our forum Empty Re: HELP - I do not want anyone to read the posts on our forum

Post by Demonspike November 18th 2008, 12:56 am

The guest ould be a BOT which your site will get..they report back to search engines so that your site can be found much easier when someone who is looking in the searcch types in your site or words corrisponding to it.

It's nothing to worry about, if this does bother you, I think there is a way you can stop the guests from seeing anything by having all your boards set to ADMINISTRATOR permissions.

Hope this helps you.

~DS~
Demonspike
Demonspike
Forumember

Male Posts : 458
Language : English

http://darkrealms.roleplaylife.net

Back to top Go down

Post by elinsigr November 18th 2008, 1:02 am

I thank you Craig very much. I just saw two new guests just after posted this topic.

I was really shocked. I thought I had not authored anyone to read our forum.

Actually (like others perhaps) my forummembers where members on a forum of 25 mothers from oct 2007 until march 2008. We are nine at this forum who were meeting each other every Thursday and were the most active.

To be able to face the unactive mums on the street in the future we told at the other forum that we made our own but we were still writing some posts at the old forum. Unfortunatelly, the admin was angry that we did not tell her about our forum so she banned everyone of us. We were the most active in the bigger forum.

I thought maybe someone had found our forum and was browsing it.

But again thanks for checking if you could see our forum.
elinsigr

Back to top Go down

Post by elinsigr November 18th 2008, 1:06 am

Demonspike wrote:The guest ould be a BOT which your site will get..they report back to search engines so that your site can be found much easier when someone who is looking in the searcch types in your site or words corrisponding to it.

It's nothing to worry about, if this does bother you, I think there is a way you can stop the guests from seeing anything by having all your boards set to ADMINISTRATOR permissions.

Hope this helps you.

~DS~

From above, do you think I should change something? Or do you think I should copy something else for you to see or can I just relax?
elinsigr

Back to top Go down

Post by elinsigr November 18th 2008, 1:08 am

Thanks for removing the IP addresses. Of course no one should see them.
elinsigr

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonspike November 18th 2008, 1:21 am

Not at all, you are safe.

Enjoy your Forum, carefree.. Smile

Glad we could both help.

~DS~
Demonspike
Demonspike
Forumember

Male Posts : 458
Language : English

http://darkrealms.roleplaylife.net

Back to top Go down