The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coin System

+3
Cornelia
Imdeat
redfurrymonster84
7 posters

Go down

Coin System Empty Coin System

Post by redfurrymonster84 October 27th 2005, 10:03 pm

I think it would be cool to have a coin system... like when you post you get coins. Could we look foward to this in the near future?

- redfurry... Twisted Evil
redfurrymonster84
redfurrymonster84
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Coin System Empty Re: Coin System

Post by Imdeat October 27th 2005, 10:45 pm

Humm,somethings like ranks?
Imdeat
Imdeat

Male Posts : 14
Language : French + English

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia October 28th 2005, 12:27 am

Sorry, it's not possible and it's not sure that this will be in the future.

I'm sure there was a suggestion about it on the French board, but I can't find it... it must be deleted by auto-pruning.

There are so many suggestion that Gizmo and Dhalsim (the other foundator of the Editboard service) can't put in them all, so they have to make choice.

Editboard's basis is PHPBB, but it's benn modified so much that when it comes to add a Mod, the Editboard foundators must adapt it to make it compatible with Editboard forums, and then test it to repair any eventual bug that may occur when installed, so there a fewer updates for the whole Editboard.
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

Post by redfurrymonster84 October 28th 2005, 1:05 am

Oh. It would be cool though :| I was hoping that would be possible. It is really fun with coins.

Thanks,
redfurrymonster84
redfurrymonster84
redfurrymonster84
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Imdeat October 28th 2005, 1:15 am

Maybe they could make an exeption for HUGE update,but i dont think for something like coins...Sorry.
Imdeat
Imdeat

Male Posts : 14
Language : French + English

Back to top Go down

Post by J man October 28th 2005, 1:18 pm

No, the administrators can't make exceptions for the mods because in this case the votes of the members of the various suggestions are not used for nothing, it is necessary really that a majority of members votes "for" so that an innovation is installed on our forums, and the admins doesn't make on the request for each one if not the admins would not left there, but it is true that this mod should not make the majority of the votes in my opinion. Confused
J man
J man

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf October 30th 2005, 7:09 am

redfurrymonster84 wrote:I think it would be cool to have a coin system... like when you post you get coins. Could we look foward to this in the near future?

- redfurry... Twisted Evil
Well, you can use ranks if you want. I explain. You can create ranks (view this topic for help: https://help.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=27). Creating a new one for each hum...let's say 20 messages posted by a member. For exemple:

50 bucks: Message 1- 20
100 bucks: Message 21-40
Etc...

Ok, quite simple but it's the best way you can use for now...otherwise it's impossible. Or you can do it manually...but good luck in that case Wink
Gandalf
Gandalf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 2nd 2005, 10:44 pm

Well, I don't think it's useless for a support forum...(my opinion)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adripotpot December 3rd 2005, 10:56 am

Katt wrote:I'm sure there was a suggestion about it on the French board, but I can't find it... it must be deleted by auto-pruning.

I'm find this topic -> http://forum.forumactif.com/viewtopic.forum?t=5321&highlight=systeme+point

(Note pour Katt : en français désolé :DD => Le 2ème post dans la première page correspond plus à cette suggestion que le premier post du sujet, je pense Wink Sinon il y a bien le dernier post de la page 1 (de Roshieru) qui est plus complet Wink )
Adripotpot
Adripotpot
Forumember

Male Posts : 44
Language : French

http://forumsfa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AmericanIdoit February 18th 2006, 12:31 pm

its poosible on some forums. On one im on you get points for posting and you can use them to get cards
http://greenday.smigit.com/community/
Thats where you can get them. Ask a Admin aboiut it
AmericanIdoit
AmericanIdoit

Back to top Go down

Post by redfurrymonster84 February 18th 2006, 5:36 pm

American,

That's a different type of forum, they did not use editboard. Wink I know, I have seeen forums with shops and coins.
redfurrymonster84
redfurrymonster84
Forumember

Back to top Go down