The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After Log-in - Return to Portal instead of to Index

+4
MorTB!d
Cerebral assassin
STMB
Caihlem
8 posters

Go down

After Log-in - Go to Portal instead of Homepage?

After Log-in - Return to Portal instead of to Index Left1178%After Log-in - Return to Portal instead of to Index Right11 78% 
[ 14 ]
After Log-in - Return to Portal instead of to Index Left1122%After Log-in - Return to Portal instead of to Index Right11 22% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

After Log-in - Return to Portal instead of to Index Empty After Log-in - Return to Portal instead of to Index

Post by Guest March 15th 2007, 4:29 pm

Sorry Embarassed I posted this in the wrong place & Tristou advised me to post it here instead.............
Cas wrote:Will it be possible at any time in the future to have it, so that - after Log-in - you are automatically taken back to the Portal and not directly to the Home/Forum Index page? Or is there anyway I can configure it so that it will do this?

Cas Hello

Edit Caihlem: Multiple choice as well as option 3 removed Wink

Last edited by on March 18th 2007, 10:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

After Log-in - Return to Portal instead of to Index Empty Re: After Log-in - Return to Portal instead of to Index

Post by Caihlem March 15th 2007, 4:47 pm

Add a poll with options yes an no Wink
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

After Log-in - Return to Portal instead of to Index Empty Re: After Log-in - Return to Portal instead of to Index

Post by Guest March 18th 2007, 10:48 pm

Sorry caihlem, I'd meant to do that Embarassed
Now added the Poll

Cas Wink

PS; Sorry again Embarassed realised I shouldn't have put a third option - so came back to change it to yes/no only. But now unable to edit it...
Please can you remove 3rd option for me? ooohhh Sorry;)

Last edited by on March 18th 2007, 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem March 18th 2007, 11:01 pm

Now it's ok Razz

I think it would be a good idea, as an option ofcourse Cool
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by STMB March 19th 2007, 12:11 am

I don't like it. But I guess if it was only an option and not manditory then it could be okay.
STMB

Male Posts : 18
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerebral assassin April 2nd 2007, 4:43 am

I think it would be better, cause if you look at any site the page where you log in at you get re-directed right there, so i think it's best you re-directed to the portal instead of going to the index, it looks like if your site has a flaw when you go to the index, so could you guys make it re-direct to the portal??

Thank you.
Cerebral assassin

Male Posts : 19

http://guyanesezone.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MorTB!d April 2nd 2007, 8:09 am

I voted no.
Because i really like the look of my board and prefer my members to be redirected to index. My portal is not nice to see, there's nothing interesting. Maybe it is me that don't know how to fix it well, but i for now think it's better members to be redirected to index.
MorTB!d
MorTB!d
Forumember

Male Posts : 36
Language : Français

http://m0rtbid.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle8x April 16th 2008, 1:17 pm

I voted yes
eagle8x
eagle8x
Forumember

Male Posts : 362
Language : Vietnamese

http://diendan.chinhphuc.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 21st 2008, 7:56 pm

I have some various links on the portal page that I cannot post on the index and make it look inviting. Also, being redirected back to the portal page helps ensure that my members read the news. And I agree with Cerebral assassin, that it doesn't look very professional if you're redirected to another page other than the one you logged in on. So I voted, yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by SageJFox April 22nd 2008, 12:04 am

This would be good, under one condition. This should be an option that users can choose. A simple radio button in the preferences that would say something similar to "Return to Portal after log in :" (obviously this would only appear if the forum has a portal).
SageJFox
SageJFox
Forumember

Male Posts : 63

http://foxfire.forumakers.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by travis_cooper April 22nd 2008, 12:13 am

Why to the portal? Why not take them back to where they were when they hit login? If I have been going around looking at threads, without being logged in, and I wanted to post a reply to one, so I hit login, then after logging in I would love to just be taken back to that thread so I don't have to find it again. I think it really should redirect you to where you were before, no matter where that was.
travis_cooper
travis_cooper
Forumember

Male Posts : 698

http://photochallenge.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy March 25th 2013, 12:22 pm

Suggestion Clean up

-> Old suggestions(Please feel to create a new thread for the garbaged old suggestions)
-> Implemented suggestions
-> Suggestion which are currently suggested (Please use the SEARCH function)
-> Unclear Suggestions

Locked & Garbaged
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down