The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A question about new post icons

4 posters

Go down

A question about new post icons Empty A question about new post icons

Post by minal December 4th 2008, 11:16 pm

For forums we have new post, no news posts and locked forum icons. I was wondering if there was a way to have a button for new topics.

A member of my forum asked me about this and gave me the example of: If there are new topics it could be green, new posts it could be yellow, and no new topics or posts could be red.

Is there any way this can be done?
minal
minal
Forumember

Female Posts : 25
Language : English

http://roaring-rainbows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

A question about new post icons Empty Re: A question about new post icons

Post by akashic December 4th 2008, 11:18 pm

Hi Minal

This can be done - just put a post in the graphics requests section and someone will make them for you
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Female Posts : 709
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk December 4th 2008, 11:29 pm

akashic wrote:Hi Minal

This can be done - just put a post in the graphics requests section and someone will make them for you

if you come over to Forum Makers we do all of that. and for free.
we create forms offer support and help with what we can. if you pm me here
with what kind you looking to get i can help here to.but your better off getting me there.
plus like akashic said you can put a retest there too. there's lots of people that can help and that's what most of members are here to do.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by minal December 4th 2008, 11:34 pm

Thanks Smile

But what I mean is how do I make it to show new topics differently than new posts?
minal
minal
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 4th 2008, 11:41 pm

kirk please stop advertising! Restrain yourself from hitting that keyboard and advertising in such a manor!
This is officially your first warning for advertising in the support section!

=> Kirk Warned

Last edited by Placehold on December 4th 2008, 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 4th 2008, 11:42 pm

I know what you are talking about minal, currently its not possible to show. Just new posts, no new posts are possible.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk December 4th 2008, 11:49 pm

it's all in your admin panel> display>pics mangement. you can upload and change all forums icons and images fron there. you can use animated gif things too
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by minal December 4th 2008, 11:52 pm

Sanket wrote:I know what you are talking about minal, currently its not possible to show. Just new posts, no new posts are possible.

okay, thanks for the help.
minal
minal
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk December 5th 2008, 12:54 am

Placehold wrote:kirk please stop advertising! Restrain yourself from hitting that keyboard and advertising in such a manor!
This is officially your first warning for advertising in the support section!

=> Kirk Warned

well that's that for me i wont be back.
i spend an enormous amount of time,take forum things very seriously and help many people here with many things to only receive such a warning over something as ridiculous as this.i did not post my link.what i cant say the name of my forum.i see members here put the links to there forum for examples and other things all the time. so for someone to tell me and warn me of something like this. then i do not need to be around or wast my time in such places.

i am not spamming nor advertising. i help like any other and if I'm not here all the time they can reach me there nothing more.

thank you for the time and allowing me to be with you all.but i will not be returning and if staff feel that there's a need for ban to be put in place go right ahead. honestly i felt i was never liked here anyway because of my sometimes strong opinions or sometimes even over opinionated comments on hard issues.but that's how i am and that's how i will always be.I'll say it how it is on what ever issue depending if I'm right or wrong?

what ever the case i respect that.i am one of the easiest going webmaster/admins you can find around and consider my self as a person that will go out of there way to help who i can.when i can and how i can. whether someone agrees with my points or not?

it's bin real hope and i wish you all to have a happy holiday season.
and yes of course i wish you Placehold and all family and friends a safe and happy holiday season as well. i bin doing forum stuff way to long my friend to get upset over little online things or friends. but i am not a dummy and know when it's time to move on. once again many thanks to all and to all a good night.

kirk out.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum