The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having anonymous viewers

2 posters

Go down

Having anonymous viewers Empty Having anonymous viewers

Post by nimiel December 10th 2008, 12:13 pm

I'm not so sure if these viewers are actually real or bots. They appear randomly at my forum. One time, I got 9 guests in my forum. It was weird that after a few minutes, they were all gone. Anyone experiences the same? or is my forum getting famous? LOL
nimiel
Forumember

Male Posts : 519
Language : english

http://www.funstuff.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Having anonymous viewers Empty Re: Having anonymous viewers

Post by kirk December 10th 2008, 12:22 pm

it's nothing to worry about.
if it says you had 9 guest. then it just means either you have people registering or just lurking on your index/home page or portal.. whatever you have open to the public the public will see.. other then that if they want in then they have to register.. unless you have everything open??

and the bots. they just gather info on the outside of your forum for search engines,, unless you have all your bords open then they will be in..
bots are not so bad .. if it;s google or yahoo..spiders is not what anyone wants.. but i never heard of anyone haveing a problem with them on a fourmotion place.. so you should be ok. guest are guest...
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Having anonymous viewers Empty Re: Having anonymous viewers

Post by nimiel December 10th 2008, 12:33 pm

sometimes, when i check the IP addresses, some doesn't show up. I mean there's no info O.o Just want to secure the security of my forum because I see here that many admins are getting hacked.
nimiel
Forumember

Male Posts : 519
Language : english

http://www.funstuff.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum