The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Admin Panel and Forums Opera/Safari friendly!

5 posters

Go down

Admin Panel and Forums Opera/Safari friendly! Empty Admin Panel and Forums Opera/Safari friendly!

Post by Mr.Killerguitar December 13th 2008, 8:37 pm

It is not only me but a lot of people having problems with their Opera and Safari browsers.

I just like Opera and I prefer that browser. But everytime I want to change anything in my forums I have to use firefox. This is really annoying. Because normally I'm on more than one site at once and two browsers running isn't the best for my system (I apologize that I have a pretty old computer).

The problems are those:

• Special designs such as transparent/translucet backgrounds of tables doesn't really work out, the font can't be seen for example
  • The brwoser needs ages to show up the site
  • The Chatbox doesn't really work. It is nowadays so or so kinda problematic to use the chatbox in PhPbb2 (but hey, it works in the other parts, but...)
  • It is not possible to click on fields such as "Save password" on PhPbb3/Invision (about Prunbb I can't tell)

And in the Admin Panel:

• Changings done by taking an element from a list don't work. Either the option changes back to the prvious one after saving it or another element but the chosen one gets saved and won't let you change it again.
  • Changing in fields such as the CSS sheet or the site description won't get saved
  • Updating Users' ranks etc are either not saved or you have to try it various times before it works
  • Changing colors by clicking on the colored field to open the color-table doesn't work at all
  • Adding hexnumbers of colors works randomly

And there are for sure more than those. I just typed down everything that came to my mind I had to deal with before or my members had.
You can say what you want over Safari and Opera (nevertheless Opera is the second best browser after Firefox) and you don't have to use them. But nevertheless it's gross that we people ALWAYS have to change the browser to visit our sites. Especially the Admin Panel should be updated so that it is possible to use it with Opera or Safari.

There was a time when I only could use Opera as browser and in that time I had to trust my admin and wasn't able to to anything on my own. It is just unfair...

So, if you could maybe think about different browsers next time you update the admin panel we would be much happier. I'm no expert, but I'm sure there is a way to handle that!
Mr.Killerguitar
Mr.Killerguitar
Forumember

Male Posts : 388
Language : German, English, some indo-european stuff

View user profile http://steal-this-site.forumieren.de/

Back to top Go down

Admin Panel and Forums Opera/Safari friendly! Empty Re: Admin Panel and Forums Opera/Safari friendly!

Post by TopazAaron December 13th 2008, 9:13 pm

yeah i use opera to and the font doesnt show up when u have translent cells. and some of the headers twitch black to the color i have my font and with the "whos in the chatbox" thing.
TopazAaron
TopazAaron
Forumember

Male Posts : 38
Language : english

View user profile http://twiffler.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Admin Panel and Forums Opera/Safari friendly! Empty Re: Admin Panel and Forums Opera/Safari friendly!

Post by Tarogasini December 13th 2008, 10:37 pm

I dont use Opera or anything else than Firefox ( IE is blocked and not even allowed to connect to the internet, lol ) but i do support this idea.

I bet its really annoying when you cant use your site correctly because of the browser you are using, so yes, this should be done.
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1351
Language : English

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by -=BleSsEd_GuY=- December 13th 2008, 11:28 pm

No you are totally wrong
im not having a problem
and i also have opaire
and safari is not good
because website not open fee safari
yo need to instal IEE10 it came in my house
ver fast
opera ricks! but safari not good.......
-=BleSsEd_GuY=-
Forumember

Language : English

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 13gentj December 14th 2008, 3:29 am

Well I dont really care for those browsers. I use internet explorer. But I guess it would help people who do have those browsers on our sites so my vote would be yes.
13gentj
13gentj
Forumember

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.Killerguitar December 14th 2008, 3:33 pm

This is not really a "Do you want them to do?" question. This is a direct request. There is no need to ask people here if they want it or not, because the problem is there^^
And well, belssed guy is banned, so, I better ignore what he posted at all.

Like I said, it is just a bit unfair, that we're forced to use a certain browser. I use Linux because I hate being forced to use a certain programme lke in Windows. Now I have the same with all my forums. Uhm, somehow... well, story of my life I think.
Mr.Killerguitar
Mr.Killerguitar
Forumember

Male Posts : 388
Language : German, English, some indo-european stuff

View user profile http://steal-this-site.forumieren.de/

Back to top Go down

Post by TopazAaron December 15th 2008, 6:48 am

my ie is broken or i would use that so i use opera and i like it and that all i use now. my google chrome doesnt work and safari doesnt work well with forums either so i have no choice in my browswer
TopazAaron
TopazAaron
Forumember

Male Posts : 38

View user profile http://twiffler.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down