The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is this possbily possible?

3 posters

Go down

Solved is this possbily possible?

Post by khakuletz January 9th 2009, 5:26 am

i created a topic which is about videos..

like..for example..post any funny videos you can see in youtube, etc.. (any video hosting site)

so Im expecting users (members) can only post videos there..

at first it's getting well..but suddenly, someone post a really funny funny video, and users (members) post comments on that video, saying this is good, this great, someone says different to explain how good the video is..

so the replies gets spam and all i wanted is only video there..

so i tried making a new thread for the video and comments to split up..

my question is if it's possible to move the comments or video posts in another thread..i tried it but all posts in that topic will merge in another thread..I only want the video post or comment post to merge so i can split it up..is that possible?..

hope you understand what i mean..

Last edited by khakuletz on January 9th 2009, 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total
khakuletz
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: is this possbily possible?

Post by Guest January 9th 2009, 5:34 am

Yes. You can split topics by selecting which post you would like to start the split from. Go to the video post and select the split button. Tick the box to select all, then 'untick' the first post (the one with the video). (Quicker to check all than to go down a long list and check each comment individually.) Then click whatever button it is at the bottom that makes the split. Choose a name for the new thread, and viola... topic split into two. Once you've split the topics, then you can merge your new thread with whatever thread you'd like. Smile Oh, and you can always lock the threads once videos are posted so people can only view and not comment, but it'll take up more of your time.

Last edited by Kyouri on January 9th 2009, 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 January 9th 2009, 5:35 am

You can split/merge particular posts.
However you cannot restrict what users can say/do in their posts.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by khakuletz January 9th 2009, 5:41 am

@kyouri..

im not pointing about topics..i asking about posts (in topic)..

if i can merge a post into another topic..

you know what i mean?..

and if i lock the topic how can the users (members) post into that topic?..

i just don't want them to put replies on it, i only want video reply. But since replies have spammed the video topic..i want to merge it so that i will have to delete it..get me?
khakuletz
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 9th 2009, 5:44 am

That's what splitting a topic is.. moving 'posts' from a topic to another one. Once the 'posts' are split into their own topic, then you can merge that new topic with another one. In other words.. unless things have changed since the last time I split and merged.. you cannot simply remove a post from a topic into another topic... you have to create a whole new topic by splitting first.

And if you DO want people to post replies but only video replies, then you need to either speak up to your members, delete a non-video response, or follow the outline given in my previous comment.

Back to top Go down

Post by khakuletz January 9th 2009, 7:44 am

got it now..it's solved.. Very Happy thanks.. Very Happy
khakuletz
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa January 9th 2009, 2:24 pm

Since this problem appears to be resolved, I will lock this topic now.

=> Locked
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum