The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems

+87
Jophy
Soldatay
Unfrozen Jon
faith and devotion
JessicaInfinite
vegasjj
WPC
OLOV
Tilum
Yoshimo
BarakiEl
wannabemountainman
WHITESABBATH
vanbetta
Tellen
Metina
siriuslypadfoot
lesliewest_guitargod
Goku93
dmcarty
shotta
cloudscape_admin
Carpersretreat
alicia
PIL
Nooclear
Dismal Shadow
nodepositbonus123
Darren1
*StellA*
Andrea_mne
LH Justin
Hotrod hoss
MrMega
dotDavid
xtokiwartoothx
Aggie
Beno
GeneralOJB
Nessa
ieatfireworks
SeaMunky
fixme
dapndfk4dents
molliecosh
Jemor
Jonalyn
Skittles
adrenalin
Brandon
astral
soccerangel321
commando
Broojo02
schternli
Sucko
JulieG
nephewsrock
S.H_ECO_FORUM
jojoshshuaua
thesilentmassacre
Emma8432
chebby
Eradicate
Shadow-Slasher
summermac
xstyl
gman
hilde
lynx29
ostrvo
Brad38
paor
MEX
Jalokim
Tarogasini
Dreamlimix
CX9.
ipoppy
Denny
akashic
TheBully
Sanket
alexanderxayavongsa
ngocducqtk32
musket
Gangsta_killz
91 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

[Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems - Page 8 Empty [Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems

Post by Gangsta_killz January 12th 2009, 8:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi i have a forum, recently i changed skin.
Here's my problem

In this screen, on Mozila Firefox you can see titles are on the left.
[Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems - Page 8 Mozzil10

And in this one, on Internet Explorer you can see titles centered (looks ugly [Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems - Page 8 Icon_redface )
[Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems - Page 8 Intern10

So i want to make it so even in internet explorer it shows titles on left like for mozilla's one [Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems - Page 8 Icon_smile

here is th skin i use :

http://en.hitskin.com/search-a-skin/trankwell-blue-112340.htm

thanks

Last edited by Gangsta_killz on January 14th 2009, 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gangsta_killz
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

[Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems - Page 8 Empty Re: [Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems

Post by Tellen October 25th 2009, 2:18 pm

vanbetta wrote:Its not a problem with your forum Tellen:) Its the owner of the theme that has exceeded their bandwidth on photobucket.
After getting advice on here, i've saved my theme/skin to my lappy and changed the theme to a temp one.

But I've changed it to several themes and all of them have been giving me this problem. bwi
Tellen

Language : English

Back to top Go down

[Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems - Page 8 Empty Re: [Only Topic] Jalokim Themes Image Bandwidth problems

Post by vanbetta October 25th 2009, 2:32 pm

Tellen wrote:
vanbetta wrote:Its not a problem with your forum Tellen:) Its the owner of the theme that has exceeded their bandwidth on photobucket.
After getting advice on here, i've saved my theme/skin to my lappy and changed the theme to a temp one.

But I've changed it to several themes and all of them have been giving me this problem. bwi

It looks like there are a few Skin Authors that have exceeded their bandwidth. Just preview different ones in your admin panel until you find one that works. Dont forget to save/export your original one first though.
vanbetta
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by WHITESABBATH October 25th 2009, 2:37 pm

Guest wrote:It is not photobucket!

Jeez, people know what you are talking about. I have 3 sites all hosted with photobucket and those sites are fine.

It is because the images hosted on Jalokims account exceeded its bandwidth.

So what does that mean? dont use Jalo's themes until he fixes the problem.

And a word of advise. Whenever you use someone else's theme always save all images to your OWN image host!!
this is the only post that had any sense to it..you hit the nail on the head..
WHITESABBATH
WHITESABBATH
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1198
Language : English, F-Bombs

Back to top Go down

Post by vanbetta October 25th 2009, 2:49 pm

WHITESABBATH wrote:
Guest wrote:It is not photobucket!

Jeez, people know what you are talking about. I have 3 sites all hosted with photobucket and those sites are fine.

It is because the images hosted on Jalokims account exceeded its bandwidth.

So what does that mean? dont use Jalo's themes until he fixes the problem.

And a word of advise. Whenever you use someone else's theme always save all images to your OWN image host!!
this is the only post that had any sense to it..you hit the nail on the head..

And what you guys have to remember is that not everyone is computer literate, so dont know about "always save all images to your OWN host!!" There's very little tollerance on this forum from certain people. If any of my users showed other users such disrespect they'd be warned.
vanbetta
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by wannabemountainman October 25th 2009, 3:38 pm

Yeh, that or they just talk down to you.
wannabemountainman
Forumember

Male Posts : 32

http://woodlife-people.forumotion.net/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by BarakiEl October 25th 2009, 3:39 pm

I have this problem too. And i have tried other themes by other people too. Same problem. Damned annoying.
BarakiEl

Back to top Go down

Post by vanbetta October 25th 2009, 3:44 pm

BarakiEl wrote:I have this problem too. And i have tried other themes by other people too. Same problem. Damned annoying.

I would just use one of the simple themes for now. I'll wait to hear if Jalokim will mend the problem. If not will have to make a new one.
vanbetta
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshimo October 25th 2009, 6:16 pm

Yoshimo
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Aggie October 25th 2009, 6:35 pm

OMG why don't you read guys? You know what bandwith is? You know who made your template?

Host the images by yourself and you solved the problem.
Aggie
Aggie
Forumember

Female Posts : 185
Language : Dutch

http://www.aquariumwereld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshimo October 25th 2009, 6:37 pm

I don't know how to do that. Changed it to one of those basic forums.

http://ninjanation.heavenforum.org (I changed it to that except it's red, yet its still messed up)

And we used HitSkin to find everything. When the forum was made we didn't make or host any images like that, we used what we could find on the forum.

Now parts of my site is in French? Wtff
Yoshimo
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshimo October 25th 2009, 6:55 pm

And I guess bandwith is like space? Idk?

If you exceeded your bandwith and they want you to get more I guess it's like space, or memory then. That's what I get from context clues.

Plus Idk who made the skin? Is it this guy Jalokim? If it's that then HE should make sure THIS doesn't happen. It's not my fault!

I've changed it like three times and isn't it supposed to change instantly? I did it before at another site and it changes instantly every time, but now ti seems like one theme/skin is stuck even though it's technically changed to another.

Sorry for the DP
Yoshimo
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by vanbetta October 25th 2009, 7:16 pm

Aggie wrote:OMG why don't you read guys? You know what bandwith is? You know who made your template?

Host the images by yourself and you solved the problem.

OMG why dont people explain things in simple English? I'm guessing that not everyone knows what "bandwidth" is, and not everyone will understand about "who made this and that template", and not everyone will know how to save and host the images themselves? But then i guess in your eyes they are just thick! What you need to think, is that some people on here may have only recently started with PC's etc.
Get off your high horse and offer constructive advice rather than putting people down.
As i said a few hours ago, there are far too many people on here that full of themselves. This is supposed to be a "help" forum, not a "have a go at anyone who doesn't know" forum!
vanbetta
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshimo October 25th 2009, 7:34 pm

THANK YOU VENDETTA

Damn. I don't know how to create skins, I don't know how to find the author. I did all this on HitSkin, so I'm assuming that HitSkin/Authors are having some problems with PhotoBucket. If that's the case then they should fix it. (So this Jalokim guy made those 28 pages worth of skins???)

If you're suggesting about hosting my own images what do you mean? Do you mean go in to pic management and copy 6 tabs of images on to my computer, then upload all of that to photobucket, then take those image codes and put them all back where they were? That's what will fix it? All those images?

That's insane!

I doubt I could remember where everything goes and make sure it's in the right place. I've never taken a class on this and I don't have the knowledge nor experience to do so. Unless you guys have a step by step tutorial on how to do this (with images) don't expect people to be able to do it like it's easy. The way some of you guys are making it sound as if you can do this in 5 minutes or so.

Last edited by Yoshimo on October 25th 2009, 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yoshimo
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilum October 25th 2009, 7:37 pm

Ok, Jalokim is your man to blame. It's not his fault that Photobucket hates him. Really, it does! Evil or Very Mad

He should be around but it is out of his control.

~ Tilum
Tilum
Tilum
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1759

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket October 25th 2009, 8:01 pm

Just wait for it guys, it will be fixed soon.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by OLOV October 25th 2009, 8:04 pm

I want to thank you for any help you can offer.

I'm experiencing the same problem with the ''photo bucket exceed warning message'' on my forum.

I did not build my forum, but I'm a co-founder. The person who built the forum used photo bucket download images.

My goal is to delete the photo bucket image code in my CSS file and upgrade them to tinypic.com.

It's suppose to work but it was unsuccessful. I need a .png

I am willing to do the extra work to fix the problem.

I'm experiencing a problem ''referencing the image.''

This means when I put the tinypic.com image code in the CSS file -- the ''background image'' is not showing up on the forum.

Again, thanks for any help you can offer.
OLOV
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshimo October 25th 2009, 9:34 pm

@Sanket

Today, tomorrow?

I'm not asking this under emotion, I just want to see if anyone has a general time frame.
Yoshimo
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by WPC October 25th 2009, 9:49 pm

I thought mine had fixed itself last night, but it's back to the Photobucket message. This makes absolutely no sense as I could only find 2 Photobucket links in my CSS, neither of which should be connected to the issue.

In any case, I hosted those on Imageshack and nothing has changed. Can someone tell me where I can see which skin I'm using to check if it's actually one of Jalokim's?
WPC
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Tellen October 25th 2009, 10:01 pm

Still having these problems.

Do we need to upgrade the site? Is that it?
Tellen

Back to top Go down

Post by vanbetta October 25th 2009, 10:10 pm

WPC & Tellen - No its not your photobuckets that are the problem.

Its the host of the template who's photobucket needs upgrading. Its happened before, and as soon as he see's i'm sure he'll sort it:)
vanbetta
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by vegasjj October 25th 2009, 10:55 pm

Hi,

I have reported the problem as it happened was about 2:00 am my time - and it just happened.
Have replaced the skin - but can't find a good match - so a lot of work that looked good now looks like sh..t. Also an other PROBLEM. I LOST the access to the ADMIN PANEL from the bottom of the forum - it simply is not there. (I can get in via a link for now). Don't know if that is due to the skin.. or some other issue.

CAN I CHANGE skins any number of times - or is there some potential problem doing that?
(seems to me it should be ok - but I am a very new user - new forum owner - not very happy - feels like I'm up against some brick walls)

I would like to try and change the pic hosting. But scared to touch it... Please confirm for me... if i mess-up I can always just take an other skin and basically still be no worse off then I am except for losing my time???

On a very different note: I think that the people trying to help here are doing their best - and we the users are at a vary varied levels of knowledge. I think I'm just grateful for the effort made to help us out - with this FREE software.

JJ
vegasjj

Back to top Go down

Post by Carpersretreat October 25th 2009, 10:59 pm

Im sure Jalokim will sort it once he knows about it
Carpersretreat
Carpersretreat
Forumember

http://www.carpersretreat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshimo October 25th 2009, 11:03 pm

When is he going to know.... That's the only problem. Does he usually get on everyday? I had planned today to dedicate some time to the forum.

If so, for those of you that know him how long do you think it will take for him to fix it?
Yoshimo
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaInfinite October 25th 2009, 11:10 pm

Ok so can I get a clear answer on this? Is it best to change skin to non-Jalokim or just be patient?

EDIT: Just found out mine isn't a Jalokim skin, now what?! :S
http://forum.fakebusters.net
JessicaInfinite
JessicaInfinite
Forumember

Female Posts : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by vanbetta October 25th 2009, 11:15 pm

Jessica - If you go to your admin panel - display - skins management. I believe you you can export your skin and save it to your pc. Then you can use a temp theme until the original one is sorted. Once sorted simply import it back.
vanbetta
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by faith and devotion October 25th 2009, 11:28 pm

It seems like some of the forum-skin designers haven't paid their PB* account or the expire date has passed. They'd need to re-upload their forum-skins so that the PB adds disappear..

Its mainly effecting the people that use Phbb3 and that three designers are having the PB problem..

We'll just have to wait for the designers to log into Forumotion.Help to get around to handling the situation, but for now, I think its best to find a non-PB add'ed forum-skin and just use that for the time being.

Its annoying, but it seems like with Forumotion, there's one set back after another...

(* Photo Bucket.)
faith and devotion
faith and devotion
Forumember

http://sanitylost.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku93 October 25th 2009, 11:35 pm

Jessica your theme is not the jalokim theme but some images used in your theme are uploaded on the jalokim account

you can find your images in your css and just upload those images in tinypic and replace the links

faith and devotion only jalokim skins are doing problems as its account has too much images and it is exceeded its bandwitch
Goku93
Goku93
Forumember

Male Posts : 255
Language : English,Urdu,HTML,CSS,Coding,C++,Hacking

http://www.zamboadvertising.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by faith and devotion October 25th 2009, 11:37 pm

I assure you Goku that there is more then just one designer's forum-skins that are doing that...

I've been trying to find a decent lookin' one for my forum all evening!
faith and devotion
faith and devotion
Forumember

http://sanitylost.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku93 October 25th 2009, 11:43 pm

faith and devotion you can choose a theme looks good and just re make it by finding its images and uploading them on tinypic or servimg

that would be easy because no one knows when this problem is going to be solved
Goku93
Goku93
Forumember

Male Posts : 255
Language : English,Urdu,HTML,CSS,Coding,C++,Hacking

http://www.zamboadvertising.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by vanbetta October 25th 2009, 11:45 pm

Thats what i did Goku:)
vanbetta
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next