The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AJAX CHAT

5 posters

Go down

AJAX CHAT Empty AJAX CHAT

Post by kwakujeffboat January 22nd 2009, 11:15 pm

Many of you are familiar with AJAX Chat, is there a way i can put that on my site and make it work??
kwakujeffboat

Language : jeffboat

Back to top Go down

AJAX CHAT Empty Re: AJAX CHAT

Post by Darren1 January 22nd 2009, 11:20 pm

you can get the HTML code and insert it in you "home page message"

NOTE:
it will appear ABOVE ur forum
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok January 23rd 2009, 2:44 am

I would also recommend Chatango or Xat as they are the best shared chat services. Once you retrieve the code for the chatbox that you want, Navigate through the following :

Admin Panel >

Modules tab >

Portal & Widgets -- Forum widgets management >

Scroll down a bit 'till you get a few inches under the blue-outlined, widget displace box on the page. Click on Create a custom block (found in the Forum widgets management section). >

On that page, name both tables as 'Chatbox' and paste the chatbox's code into the description. Save the settings. >

Navigate back to the Portal & Widgets -- Forum widgets management page. Once there, scroll down a bit and click the Personal widgets mini-tab (found near the bottom of the Forum widgets management section). Find your custom widget/module name 'Chatbox', and drag it up into the Forum Widgets display box.
Make sure you Save the settings afterwards.

Hope that helped,
Rok
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Male Posts : 6823
Language : idk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Baddr January 24th 2009, 3:16 am

rokstrsk83rdude wrote:I would also recommend Chatango or Xat as they are the best shared chat services. Once you retrieve the code for the chatbox that you want, Navigate through the following :

Admin Panel >

Modules tab >

Scroll down a bit 'till you get a few inches under the blue-outlined, widget displace box on the page. Click on Create a custom block (found in the Forum widgets management section). >

On that page, name both tables as 'Chatbox' and paste the chatbox's code into the description. Save the settings. >

Navigate back to the Portal & Widgets -- Forum widgets management page. Once there, scroll down a bit and click the Personal widgets mini-tab (found near the bottom of the Forum widgets management section). Find your custom widget/module name 'Chatbox', and drag it up into the Forum Widgets display box.

Hope that helped,
Rok

This seems to be a start for XAT Chat, but it didn't work. Is there more steps that need to be taken?
Ricky Baddr

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by kwakujeffboat January 24th 2009, 6:19 am

Ricky Baddr wrote:
rokstrsk83rdude wrote:I would also recommend Chatango or Xat as they are the best shared chat services. Once you retrieve the code for the chatbox that you want, Navigate through the following :

Admin Panel >

Modules tab >

Hope that helped,
Rok

This seems to be a start for XAT Chat, but it didn't work. Is there more steps that need to be taken?

XAT worked for me.. Just make sure to copy down all the HTML code, then create a new module for the portal, and past the html code in there.. you can make edits to it if you please, then put it in your portal page..It worked for me, but what i really want is AJAX chat..

Thanks though
kwakujeffboat

Language : jeffboat

Back to top Go down

Post by FireAccess January 28th 2009, 7:21 am

My root admin has his heart set on integrating Ajax.

Is this possible?

We don't like Xat or Chatango because of security issues.
FireAccess

Male Posts : 5
Language : English

Back to top Go down