The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When people try to make a new post, they cant use the poll and options box below.

4 posters

Go down

When people try to make a new post, they cant use the poll and options box below. Empty When people try to make a new post, they cant use the poll and options box below.

Post by RuneX February 17th 2009, 1:09 pm

Dear Forumotion,

Recently i have been using your site to make my games forum. I am very impressed and i think it is the best about.

When my members try to make a new topic, they cannot use the poll box underneath the box where you type your text, you also cant use the options, i tryed to click on poll and options text but it doesnt do anything, i tryed to look through my admin panel aswell, as i thought it wasnt activated, am i right?. If i am then please tell me how to activate it, it is damaging my site. im sure i have searched through everything on there anyway.

Thanks, RuneX.

------------------
WWW.RUNEX-GAMING.TK
------------------

Last edited by RuneX on February 17th 2009, 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
RuneX

Language : english

View user profile

Back to top Go down

When people try to make a new post, they cant use the poll and options box below. Empty Re: When people try to make a new post, they cant use the poll and options box below.

Post by RuneX February 17th 2009, 1:19 pm

Please post any ideas, they all mean something.
RuneX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

When people try to make a new post, they cant use the poll and options box below. Empty Re: When people try to make a new post, they cant use the poll and options box below.

Post by Sanket February 17th 2009, 1:21 pm

Have you set the permissions for members to create a poll?
General>Categories and Forums
Click on any forum name
Permissions tab
Advanced mode
Check for permissions of the members whether they are allowed to create a poll ?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RuneX February 17th 2009, 1:35 pm

Done it, heres the results, same lol. btw, me and my bro are developers, this still counts as members?

When people try to make a new post, they cant use the poll and options box below. Forumo12

When people try to make a new post, they cant use the poll and options box below. Forumo11

Arrow
RuneX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket February 17th 2009, 1:39 pm

Well you guys count as admins, if you are in the admin group.
There is some problem with that skin. Try to install a new skin from hitskin & try.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RuneX February 17th 2009, 1:43 pm

urgh, really? it took me forever.

is there any other options?
RuneX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket February 17th 2009, 1:47 pm

I am not sure how else could it work. You might want to try & reinstall this same skin as well & check if there is still a problem?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RuneX February 17th 2009, 2:06 pm

but i added some other buttons, if i re-installed it surely it would put it back to the old ones?
RuneX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RuneX February 17th 2009, 2:48 pm

and it took me time to make them , and a while to upload. king
RuneX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RuneX February 17th 2009, 3:35 pm

ANYTHING YOU COULD DO TO PUT POLL ECT ON?
RuneX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket February 17th 2009, 4:03 pm

May I remind you that double/triple posting isn't tolerated unless separated by 24 hours (Use the edit button) Wink

There is nothing really i could do to help you. You can add the URL of those images which you already added to your forum by saving them. Then adding those URL's again after installing a new skin.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by :)tayne:) February 17th 2009, 4:44 pm

Can I see the link to your forum to see if I can help?
:)tayne:)
Forumember

Male Posts : 794

View user profile http://www.gamesarcade.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RuneX February 17th 2009, 8:00 pm

RuneX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by :)tayne:) February 17th 2009, 8:22 pm

go into a random profile, and click permissions, and see if they are selected as users.
Forumember

Male Posts : 794

View user profile http://www.gamesarcade.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RuneX February 18th 2009, 1:31 pm

ok =]
RuneX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RuneX February 18th 2009, 1:40 pm

dont work
RuneX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kjmj14 February 18th 2009, 1:45 pm

Have you tried looking in advanced mode for this?
kjmj14
Forumember

Male Posts : 795

View user profile http://kjmj14.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket February 18th 2009, 2:08 pm

As i have already posted, the permissions etc for the forums are fine. The skin has a glitch.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

View user profile

Back to top Go down