The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do i change background on a pre made skin?

4 posters

Go down

How do i change background on a pre made skin? Empty How do i change background on a pre made skin?

Post by Dancing Bear February 19th 2009, 9:46 am

When i first started up my forum i was unable to make my own skin..
so i downloaded a pre existing skin.. i think it is English Gothic?
I was wondering am i able to change the background to this skin..
and please forgive me if this is a dumb question..
But how do i do it? .. I am unfamiliar with administration area..and still learning how to do things..and not overly familiar with all the sections in it and the jargon..

Thanks for your help in advance..

DB xx
Dancing Bear
Forumember

Language : English

http://psychicwhispers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How do i change background on a pre made skin? Empty Re: How do i change background on a pre made skin?

Post by ParadiseKid February 19th 2009, 11:21 am

To change the background, click on your Administration Panel link at the bottom of your forum. Then you can click on the "Display" tab. Scroll down and click on the link that reads "Pics Management".

Now you will see two options. "Simple Mode" and "Advanced Mode". I'm going to go ahead and throw you in the deep end, so click on "Advanced Mode". Locate where it says "Background picture (page) :", and then scroll across to the right if need be. Now you can either enter the URL of the image you want to use, or upload your image if you haven't already got the URL.

If you are uploading your image, click on the button marked "Upload a Picture". When the pop up box appears, use it to search for the image on your computer. Make sure the "Resize Image" field is set to 'No'. Now click upload and enter the URL that is given into the field above the "Upload a Picture" button.

Once a URL is in the field, you can click on green Save button, by either using the save button at the top of the page, or you can scroll down to the bottom and use that one. Either way, they both do the same job.

Complete. Your background image should now be changed to the one you wanted.
ParadiseKid
ParadiseKid
Forumember

Male Posts : 284

Back to top Go down

How do i change background on a pre made skin? Empty Re: How do i change background on a pre made skin?

Post by indy February 27th 2009, 4:22 pm

Ive done this with my image but you can only see the edges of it as the main forum page blocks it out.
Can you get the background image to show more?
indy

Male Posts : 2

http://mini-diddlers.darkbb.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by magicm00n February 27th 2009, 4:27 pm

Can you provide a link to your forum?
magicm00n
magicm00n
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1305

Back to top Go down

Post by indy February 27th 2009, 4:28 pm

indy

Male Posts : 2

http://mini-diddlers.darkbb.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down