The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your opinion on Flash into pages on a site?

+15
ElMuggs
Irian
fallofchaos
Schockwave
Leo-illy
Christos
Nazar
She^_^
ankillien
Cornelia
ImProviser
Jalokim
Pacific
ParadiseKid
rapidlynx
19 posters

Go down

What's your opinion on Flash into pages on a site?

What's your opinion on Flash into pages on a site? Left1145%What's your opinion on Flash into pages on a site? Right11 45% 
[ 13 ]
What's your opinion on Flash into pages on a site? Left110%What's your opinion on Flash into pages on a site? Right11 0% 
[ 0 ]
What's your opinion on Flash into pages on a site? Left117%What's your opinion on Flash into pages on a site? Right11 7% 
[ 2 ]
What's your opinion on Flash into pages on a site? Left1114%What's your opinion on Flash into pages on a site? Right11 14% 
[ 4 ]
What's your opinion on Flash into pages on a site? Left1128%What's your opinion on Flash into pages on a site? Right11 28% 
[ 8 ]
What's your opinion on Flash into pages on a site? Left116%What's your opinion on Flash into pages on a site? Right11 6% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 29

What's your opinion on Flash into pages on a site? Empty What's your opinion on Flash into pages on a site?

Post by rapidlynx February 21st 2009, 10:20 pm

just wondered... I always thought they were annoying... especially with sound

what's your thoughts?
rapidlynx
rapidlynx
Forumember

Female Posts : 118
Language : English

http://sondraleegallery.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What's your opinion on Flash into pages on a site? Empty Re: What's your opinion on Flash into pages on a site?

Post by ParadiseKid February 21st 2009, 10:25 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by a "Flash into page". Could you explain more for me?
ParadiseKid
ParadiseKid
Forumember

Male Posts : 284

Back to top Go down

What's your opinion on Flash into pages on a site? Empty Re: What's your opinion on Flash into pages on a site?

Post by rapidlynx February 27th 2009, 3:55 pm

a flash intro page is a flash movie that comes on before your site page that usually has a button on it that says "skip intro" and maybe a button on it that says "enter". once you click it you will enter the regular site (nav buttons, homepage etc.)
rapidlynx
rapidlynx
Forumember

Female Posts : 118

http://sondraleegallery.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pacific February 27th 2009, 6:29 pm

In my opinion, they are annoying...
Pacific
Pacific
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1736
Language : Greek, English, French
Location : Exams finished... going to do as much reviews as I can

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim February 27th 2009, 9:38 pm

I don't like the flash addons...
A flash site is ok... so long as it has all the sounds and animations done correctly...
I really dislike flash addons, that really don't fit on forums. I also dislike the music players on sites. I once visited a really freaky forum, the music played some awkward metal kinda music and there was no way to switch it off because the founder made the widget invisible.

All in all flash is cool. I am going to learn it some time soon... but like you guys say... some of those navigation clicks are annoying.
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by ImProviser February 27th 2009, 11:35 pm

I actually love flash websites... and so as those flash intros... thats the main reason i'm currently developing one for my forum... It will be a website but with a proper redirect to important links if you do not wish flash to load Wink

- music on forum: first, when i made my forum i thought it was great... something new... but now its really anoying... all these "free commercials" really bugs my eye lol xD

So all in all... flash is great in my opinion if its done properly... (without the music, maybe some very very low volume sound when going over a link or something like that)....

Therefore i'm going deeper into flash and i voted that i love them... but if you read my comment you'll know my real opinion about them...

~Regards, ImProviser
ImProviser
ImProviser
Forumember

Male Posts : 617
Language : Serbian, English, Deutsch

http://www.team-xenon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia March 2nd 2009, 6:12 am

Too much Flash kills Flash.

The main problem with Flash is accessibility issues. If you are in one of these situations :
- Having a 56k connection (They STILL exist, even in industrialized countries !)
- Not having the Flash plugin
- Being blind and using a screen reader

...you hardly can or cannot navigate at all. For a 56k connection, a Flash intro takes ages to load, and if the "Skip intro" is directly inside the Flash intro, you have to wait until the load is completed before you can skip the intro. If you are blind or don't have the Flash plugin, all you see is a BIG object where you cannot see anything inside, so if Flash is used for a vital part such as menus, login boxes and main contents, you can't see the links and contents at all and then, you stay blocked at the homepage.

And a last annoying thing about Flash : When there are links, you can't choose at all to open the links into new tabs or not.
And also, when it comes to websites totally made in Flash, you can't bookmark a particular page at all, it's even worse than frames !
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

Post by ankillien March 2nd 2009, 6:31 am

They are quite annoying.
ankillien
ankillien
Energetic

Language : English, XHTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL

Back to top Go down

Post by She^_^ March 21st 2009, 12:52 pm

you guys just don't know how to edit the size of the widget... that why its look so odd.... if you know how to manage it for sure youll love them
She^_^
She^_^

Female Posts : 4
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazar March 21st 2009, 1:51 pm

Love them, think they're great

I like them
Nazar
Nazar
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1315
Language : Nazorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia March 21st 2009, 11:03 pm

She^_^ wrote:you guys just don't know how to edit the size of the widget... that why its look so odd.... if you know how to manage it for sure youll love them

What does it have to do with Flash intros ???
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Christos March 22nd 2009, 12:11 am

my opinion? love them
Christos
Christos
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1238
Language : English,French,Greek,Luxembourgish

http://misery.in-goo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo-illy March 24th 2009, 3:02 pm

ya i love them also but nobody tel know answerd the main questione...how to make intro flash before loging the site
is it somewhere from the admin panel ???!!! please let me know
Leo-illy

Back to top Go down

Post by Schockwave March 31st 2009, 1:11 am

What I do not like is going to a website where the music starts. I sometimes watch TV on the PC, while doing other things and you click on someone's website and up comes the music, very annoying, it can take a while to find where to switch it off. I am not sure about flash, though.
Schockwave
Schockwave
Forumember

Language : English, German, French

http://schockwave.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by fallofchaos June 20th 2011, 5:52 am

i like them
fallofchaos

Back to top Go down

Post by Irian June 20th 2011, 7:15 pm

I love them Smile
Irian
Irian
Forumember

Male Posts : 661
Language : English, Français, Spagnol, Latin, ecc.

http://www.puregroups.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Post by ElMuggs August 9th 2011, 7:45 pm

anything with constant sound, animation, or full page flash (especially since it lags on some Browsers) is a automatic goodbye.

Considering HTML5 and CSS3 are here Flash is already in the process of being superseded by pure code and it can't come soon enough in my mind.
ElMuggs
ElMuggs
Forumember

Language : CSS / HTML / BBcode / Javascript / Graphics and Tech Support yeech..

http://wizardswb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaine Wang October 18th 2011, 3:32 am

Yes, I think it helpful to manage your site. Email Marketing Software is a new way to do business.http://www.phpnewsletter.org
Elaine Wang

Back to top Go down

Post by YoshiGM October 19th 2011, 1:42 am

I Dislike them because in some browsers causes a lot of LAG and your browser maybe get Freeze >_>
YoshiGM
YoshiGM
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1492
Language : Spanish & English

http://asistencia.foroactivo.com/u21373

Back to top Go down

Post by MotorCookie October 19th 2011, 1:52 am

annoying especially in a forum because too much or even one flash object makes the forum seem unprofessional or something similar.
(In my opinion) Wink
MotorCookie
MotorCookie
Forumember

Male Posts : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by PanagiotisP October 19th 2011, 2:33 pm

Today, I find flash intros annoying. Some years ago it was a cool feature.
PanagiotisP

Language : english, greek

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum