The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

File Attachment(.rar, .zip, etc.) Option in Forumotion Forums (Yes & No) Plz Vote

+14
Cornelia
qmrsattar
matt_m
Wildx
MrMario
magicm00n
13gentj
Tarogasini
Pacific
:)tayne:)
DeathSoul
Bling
Doctor Inferno
cdma_haryana
18 posters

Go down

Is this a good idea?

File Attachment(.rar, .zip, etc.) Option in Forumotion Forums (Yes & No) Plz Vote Left1186%File Attachment(.rar, .zip, etc.) Option in Forumotion Forums (Yes & No) Plz Vote Right11 86% 
[ 37 ]
File Attachment(.rar, .zip, etc.) Option in Forumotion Forums (Yes & No) Plz Vote Left1114%File Attachment(.rar, .zip, etc.) Option in Forumotion Forums (Yes & No) Plz Vote Right11 14% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 43

Poll closed

File Attachment(.rar, .zip, etc.) Option in Forumotion Forums (Yes & No) Plz Vote Empty File Attachment(.rar, .zip, etc.) Option in Forumotion Forums (Yes & No) Plz Vote

Post by cdma_haryana February 25th 2009, 2:00 pm

i always need a File Attachment(.rar, .zip, etc.) in my forumotion forum

if u need plz votes & reply ur idea

thanksssss
cdma_haryana
cdma_haryana
Forumember

Male Posts : 132
Language : Hindi & English

Back to top Go down

File Attachment(.rar, .zip, etc.) Option in Forumotion Forums (Yes & No) Plz Vote Empty Re: File Attachment(.rar, .zip, etc.) Option in Forumotion Forums (Yes & No) Plz Vote

Post by Doctor Inferno February 25th 2009, 2:23 pm

I really need this too!
Doctor Inferno
Doctor Inferno
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1331
Language : GeekPolice

http://www.GeekPolice.net

Back to top Go down

File Attachment(.rar, .zip, etc.) Option in Forumotion Forums (Yes & No) Plz Vote Empty Re: File Attachment(.rar, .zip, etc.) Option in Forumotion Forums (Yes & No) Plz Vote

Post by Bling February 25th 2009, 4:31 pm

ME TOO..
Bling
Bling
Forumember

Male Posts : 416
Language : English

http://www.friendsarena.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DeathSoul February 25th 2009, 4:34 pm

It might bring viruses to forums and computer voted no
DeathSoul
DeathSoul
Forumember

Male Posts : 369
Language : ENGLISH

Back to top Go down

Post by :)tayne:) February 25th 2009, 5:05 pm

great idea one of the best ideas I have herd > voted yes!
Forumember

Male Posts : 794

http://www.gamesarcade.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pacific February 25th 2009, 5:06 pm

prodod is right ^

I voted yes because some people really need it.
Pacific
Pacific
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1736
Language : Greek, English, French
Location : Exams finished... going to do as much reviews as I can

Back to top Go down

Post by :)tayne:) February 25th 2009, 5:09 pm

well you know to stay out of a forum that you think has viruses.
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by DeathSoul February 25th 2009, 5:31 pm

Sometimes you cant because it might be your own forum. I really would hate for that to crash a forum.
DeathSoul
DeathSoul
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by :)tayne:) February 25th 2009, 5:43 pm

or if forumotion got attachments I think admins would have to approve of the file being uploaded first.
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini February 25th 2009, 5:49 pm

This has been suggested before and i voted no before as i am voting NO, now.

Use "free upload" sites, whats the big deal
Or make yourself a ftp server exclusive for members of your forum
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1351

Back to top Go down

Post by 13gentj February 26th 2009, 2:27 pm

Voted Yes. I suggested this too but they didn't accept it. Better hope for this one though Smile Ya I think this is a nececity. If there is a virus that someone uploaded the person who got the virus could tell the admin and the admin could ban the person who uploaded it.
13gentj
13gentj
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini February 26th 2009, 3:25 pm

Yea... How about if that person didnt know the virus was there on the first place ?

Think about that.
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1351

Back to top Go down

Post by magicm00n February 26th 2009, 4:09 pm

I like this! Voted Yes! thumleft
magicm00n
magicm00n
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1305

Back to top Go down

Post by DeathSoul February 26th 2009, 5:18 pm

I want to see what the admins say
DeathSoul
DeathSoul
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario February 26th 2009, 5:54 pm

I vote no as this has been refused more then once. Also the admins don't have a say into this. Only the Techs and the boss will make a vote if they want to add this.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by cdma_haryana February 26th 2009, 6:10 pm

thanksss for vote yes

i really need it.
cdma_haryana
cdma_haryana
Forumember

Male Posts : 132
Language : Hindi & English

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildx January 7th 2010, 9:16 pm

I voted yes.
-------------
i suggest for other poll so for (Rep Power), you know...that reputation bar based on how many posts made by member, if this option possible on forumotion.
Wildx
Wildx

Back to top Go down

Post by matt_m January 9th 2010, 3:03 pm

I really think file attatchment is a necessary feature for any serious host, it is such a useful feature. I'm not sure about .zip and .rar files but definitely would like to be able to directly attatch and upload image and document (.doc, .pdf etc) files. Voted yes of course Very Happy
matt_m
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by qmrsattar March 26th 2010, 12:57 pm

me too
qmrsattar
qmrsattar
Forumember

Male Posts : 67
Language : Urdu

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia March 27th 2010, 5:43 am

Just for information : https://help.forumotion.com/updates-and-new-features-f1/new-update-attachments-and-global-announcements-t67109.htm

But among allowed filetypes, I see no open formats such as OpenOffice formats (.odt, etc.) and OGG audio/video formats.
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

Post by qmrsattar March 27th 2010, 6:10 am

thanks dear
qmrsattar
qmrsattar
Forumember

Male Posts : 67
Language : Urdu

Back to top Go down

Post by zlatan24 April 17th 2010, 11:17 am

There are a lot of rar archives on my PC. Yesterday my friend told me about his problem. As he told me he had an unpleasant problem with corrupted rar archives. And suddenly he opened in the Google and observed there - corrupt rar file. This tool solved the problem for seconds and free of charge as he told me. Moreover I used this tool and it helped me for a minute and absolutely free of charge.
zlatan24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 18th 2010, 8:36 am

I voted yes :wouhou:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottpwns April 23rd 2010, 2:22 am

I was extremely happy when I saw forumotion added attachments to match IPB and FreeForums. But after a closer look, only a handful of files are allowed? Now, this addition to forumotion is completely useless to my forum, and I'm sure others are in the same boat as well. Please allow any files to attachments!
Scottpwns
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zlatan24 July 23rd 2010, 1:47 pm

I know a lot of tools which work with rar files. But couple days ago no one of its couldn't help me, I had nearly the dozen corrupted rar archives. For luck my friend called me up and counselled me - how to repair rar archives. It to my great surprise recovered whole my data quite rapidly. And utterly free of cost as I kept in mind.
zlatan24

Back to top Go down

Post by b1gje55e April 10th 2011, 4:59 am

Yes all the way.
b1gje55e

Language : Copperas Cove

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 12th 2014, 7:50 am

Hello,

We already have the .zip file allowed for attachments, this suggestion is not clear on what new file type is to be added(it is advisable to have one per thread), and therefore the suggestion is being refused.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down