The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems with Safari on iPhone

4 posters

Go down

Solved Problems with Safari on iPhone

Post by RoxyChick February 26th 2009, 12:00 pm

Heya,

I've had some members of my site say they can't reply to threads when using Safari on the iPhone. They can view the whole site fine, but it's just a problem with replying. Specifically, they can see the quick reply/normal reply boxes, but they can't type or send.

I ideally wanted to know if this is a specific problem with my forum, or if it's a compatability issue with Forumotion?

Thanks

Last edited by RoxyChick on March 28th 2009, 4:09 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added More Info)
RoxyChick
Forumember

Female Posts : 59
Language : Cockney Rhyming Slang

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Problems with Safari on iPhone

Post by RoxyChick March 2nd 2009, 11:16 pm

Is there anyone that can help?

xx
RoxyChick
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa March 3rd 2009, 4:35 am

Hi RoxyChick, I am using Safari right now on my itouch ( Not iphone ) and have never had any problems posting on the forums before. It maybe an issue with safari directly or possibly the iPhone support should be looked into further..

When these iPhone users try and touch or tap the reply box, it should open the keyboard to type your message,then press done and reply. What do your members using this see?
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick March 3rd 2009, 3:47 pm

Hey Nessa.

I use my iPhone too, and have not had any problems, but seeing as two members have reported it I thought I'd raise the issue here. If you're using it and there's no problems I assume the problem is there end.

They just see a the text box, they can tap it but no keyboard comes up.

I think it may be a problem with their phones, I'll let them see if they can recalibrate it.

Thanks Nessa.
RoxyChick
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick March 28th 2009, 4:10 pm

The problem's solved, I updated the reply box to the extended version and they can log on on now.

Not sure if that's what did it or if the followed my advice to check their phone, but either way!

Thanks lovely!
RoxyChick
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Fonsecn April 2nd 2011, 8:20 am

RoxyChick wrote:Hey Nessa.

I use my iPhone too, and have not had any problems, but seeing as two members have reported it I thought I'd raise the issue here. If you're using it and there's no problems I assume the problem is there end.ipad 2 cases
ipad 2 leather
iPad2 casesThey just see a the text box, they can tap it but no keyboard comes up.

I think it may be a problem with their phones, I'll let them see if they can recalibrate it.

Thanks Nessa.

Not sure if that's what did it or if the followed my advice to check their phone, but either way!
Fonsecn

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 2nd 2011, 8:22 am

Please don't bump old topics!

Topic Locked
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English