The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help!!!!! all my site graphics are gone!!!!!!!

2 posters

Go down

Help!!!!! all my site graphics are gone!!!!!!! Empty Help!!!!! all my site graphics are gone!!!!!!!

Post by rapidlynx March 7th 2009, 9:00 pm

I logged into my art site and everything is gone... all the buttons, logo, all the site graphics are gone!!!!

Sondra Lee Gallery
rapidlynx
rapidlynx
Forumember

Female Posts : 118
Language : English

http://sondraleegallery.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Help!!!!! all my site graphics are gone!!!!!!! Empty Re: Help!!!!! all my site graphics are gone!!!!!!!

Post by Tarogasini March 7th 2009, 9:43 pm

I assume that the file hosting service deleted those images. Due to a violation of service or just because of the time limit - those images stays on before getting deleted.

I suppose you didnt save them to your computer ?
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1351

Back to top Go down

Help!!!!! all my site graphics are gone!!!!!!! Empty Re: Help!!!!! all my site graphics are gone!!!!!!!

Post by Guest March 7th 2009, 9:50 pm

Yep, like Tarogasini said, the host removed them due to violation of service. Your best option is to re-upload to somewhere like www.tinypic.com or www.imageshack.us

Good luck Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidlynx March 7th 2009, 10:47 pm

violation of service??? for my background?? and butterfly buttons??? all of the graphics were handmade by me no copyright infringement I don't see how they were a violation. Anything beside the background, buttons & logos were hosted on photobucket

time limit?????
no one told me that headers and buttons for my site put on using the ACP had a time limit!!!

So does that mean that all of my graphics on my reptile site will disappear also!!???

after a few weeks of site being made????

So everyone's stuff disappears???

I will have to change all my css entries and everything.... this sucks ... I need to start alerting peeps to this cause it causes a lot of work.
Why does forumotion contract with this image host if this stuff goes on???

I made all my graphics myself using Illustrator & Photoshop for the gradients ... there was absolutely no reason for them to be removed.

What confuses me is the image file names are there but the actual images aren't ... makes no sense.

I'm going to get in touch with servimg to try to find out what's happening.

What you're saying about the time limit can't be right as I'm an admin on a site that uses servimg through the acp and all the images I made are still there and that site was made long before mine... also my BF has a site through forumotion using servimg for his site graphics and they're still all there.
rapidlynx
rapidlynx
Forumember

http://sondraleegallery.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini March 8th 2009, 12:20 am

Well, i cant give you a correct answer, really. Perhaps Photobucket or Servimg or whatever the host is, is having problems. Perhaps the problem is just temporary. Perhaps your images got corrupted and became undisplayable ( not correct word tho ). Perhaps the problem will fix by itself in a couple of days... Perhaps you could try resynchronize the forum, perhaps it could help ( apparently it helps with skin problems )...

Didnt you save your images to your hard drive ?
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1351

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidlynx March 8th 2009, 12:27 am

yes I'm rehosting them and adding them with photobucket now

10 hours later ...

got all the pics up on photobucket

put them on the site

changed all strings on css

fine tuning left to do ... going to bed
rapidlynx
rapidlynx
Forumember