The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Restriction

3 posters

Go down

Forum Restriction Empty Forum Restriction

Post by Thisisislam786 March 20th 2009, 2:14 am

Hello
I started to work on my forums and i made a category that only Selected person can enter how do i add restriction to that forums.
Thisisislam786

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Forum Restriction Empty Re: Forum Restriction

Post by Itazuk March 20th 2009, 2:41 am

Admin panel -> General -> Categories and Forums -> (Select a category or forum you have to be restricted) -> Permissions

Go to the column thats says View and read, check off or click on the check in Guests/Members row then the rest of the column will be checked off as Can not be seen.

When done that:
Check on any of the groups that can see the restricted forum/category.

Last edited by Itazuk on March 20th 2009, 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error: (Slelect to Select))
Itazuk
Itazuk

Male Posts : 17
Language : English, Japanese, Italian, german, Spanish, French, Russian, Chineese

http://naruto-world.speedyforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Thisisislam786 March 20th 2009, 2:47 am

doesn't work i want them to be able to one group be able to enter in to it only that groups
there is a forum category saying

You like cars.
and just a person doesn't so he would be given a rank of doesn't like cars so he cant access it and make fun of the users
Thisisislam786

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok March 20th 2009, 3:51 am

The information Itazuk mentioned was the correct and cordial way for you to do this. What you are speaking of is the 'Permissions' of the forum (which allows only certain groups to access that forum).
Also, to make sure you are doing this cleary, may I remind you that forums go inside of categories; the categories are don't go inside of forums.
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Male Posts : 6823
Language : idk

Back to top Go down