The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Deactivate Ads From My Forum's

+37
Parrot
Shadow
Crazy Ice
randi.philleo
KMX
Demondeath
JP Cloud
oliverio
Darkwing
focusedphotos
GuaranaRT
stix
th4nhc0n9
paor
patiogardener
feelixer
Diana
barcarra
Kraaks
wow99
leamarieuk
tamilparks
Asteroid35
Annie
Sweetheart1
Ras
Laughing Assassin
drd7
maiquang
yuufa10182006
Darren1
noah02
MrMario
Kabbalien
Sanket
magicm00n
chetan
41 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

How to Deactivate Ads From My Forum's - Page 2 Empty How to Deactivate Ads From My Forum's

Post by chetan March 24th 2009, 4:31 am

First topic message reminder :

Please Tell me ? T_T
chetan

Language : English

Back to top Go down

How to Deactivate Ads From My Forum's - Page 2 Empty Re: How to Deactivate Ads From My Forum's

Post by tamilparks November 10th 2010, 10:36 am

for me also today from 1 hour before the ads are displaying? is there any problem?
tamilparks
Forumember

Language : Tamil

Back to top Go down

How to Deactivate Ads From My Forum's - Page 2 Empty Re: How to Deactivate Ads From My Forum's

Post by drd7 November 10th 2010, 10:38 am

he is unthinkable what happens! I cannot occupy because became this! at least you give us the possibility him of handling differently the subject. do not be these annoying you will advertize in the head of page.

enter somewhere other if you do not become we return in the data that we had before!
drd7

Language : greek

Back to top Go down

Post by maiquang November 10th 2010, 10:38 am

If I were in your shoes...I didn't want to do this.
maiquang
maiquang
Forumember

Male Posts : 199
Language : VN

Back to top Go down

Post by maiquang November 10th 2010, 10:39 am

What a jerk!
maiquang
maiquang
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Laughing Assassin November 10th 2010, 10:40 am

well found a way to stop the ads from showing, however it still leaves an ugly white space where the ads go, and all forum members would need to do it individually which isn't ideal but for anyone interested follow the steps HERE
Laughing Assassin
Forumember

Male Posts : 91

http://legacyofassassins.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by leamarieuk November 10th 2010, 10:40 am

can we remove them with buying credits? and if so how do we buy credits...The found member of my group has not been in since April and I dont have access to his account Sad
leamarieuk
Forumember

Language : english

http://www.psfcforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ras November 10th 2010, 10:45 am

If FM cannot give us the choice between in board ads or not, let them at least give us the choice between text or video ads, so we can get rid of these gruesome flashing banners.

I entered into an agreement with phpBB when I started the forum, that involved (the choice for) an ad free forum, at least for our members.

The way this agreement is treated is highly disappointing, and not very chique, to say the least.

BTW: can't some moderator just remove these off topic, dumb and useless comments by maiquang? Maybe a ban would be fit since I see he has had some previous warning already.

Last edited by Ras on November 10th 2010, 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Ras
Forumember

Language : Dutch

Back to top Go down

Post by maiquang November 10th 2010, 10:47 am

Get a new job, before it's too late.
maiquang
maiquang
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by maiquang November 10th 2010, 10:50 am

http://giupdo.forum0.net can't become available because advertisement.
maiquang
maiquang
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by yuufa10182006 November 10th 2010, 10:52 am

Ras wrote:If FM cannot give us the choice between in board ads or not, let them at least give us the choice between text or video ads, so we can get rid of these gruesome flashing banners.

I entered into an agreement with phpBB when I started the forum, that involved (the choice for) an ad free forum, at least for our members.

The way this agreement is treated is highly disappointing, and not very chique, to say the least.

BTW: can't some moderator remove these off topic and useless comments by maiquang?

agree with ur idea... haist... but if they want to have the flash thingy... they should have atleast a option what we can put cause all of the ads that is flashing ayt now in our forum is not good/fit with our forum theme~ its really annoying~ what will be the reactions of all of my donors? because of this one.. and they're planning to donate next month to help me to improve the space of my forum (for the future gallery)..
yuufa10182006
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by wow99 November 10th 2010, 10:54 am

They could at least have forewarned us. Or is it an error that the settings (guest only) are not working properly. We just have to wait and see.
wow99
Forumember

Language : a few

Back to top Go down

Post by Kraaks November 10th 2010, 10:57 am

What have you done, dear people!
We chose your forum just becouse we could be without the ads... now... Now we have functioning forum we must try to move somewhere...don't know where. TT At least move Please those ugly things to the bottom of the page?

So cruel... /we read about payments system, but since we are support forum for teachers and made by teachers own time and resources, we have no choice but move... very sad about it too!/
Kraaks

Language : Estonian

http://www.algklassid.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by yuufa10182006 November 10th 2010, 10:58 am

wow99 wrote:They could at least have forewarned us. Or is it an error that the settings (guest only) are not working properly. We just have to wait and see.

hope soo~ yah im definitely waiting for the action/s of forumotion... hope they can solve this prob asap~ thanks in advance for this one forumotion~
yuufa10182006
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by barcarra November 10th 2010, 11:10 am

Asteroid35 wrote:Is this actually just some kind of bug with the software? I have the option 'Activate ads-> guest' selected, but banner ads are still showing up for members.
Me too. Question
barcarra

Language : Vietnamese

Back to top Go down

Post by Ras November 10th 2010, 11:18 am

Laughing Assassin wrote:well found a way to stop the ads from showing, however it still leaves an ugly white space where the ads go, and all forum members would need to do it individually which isn't ideal but for anyone interested follow the steps HERE

I have applied your instructions and it works brilliantly!!!

It doesn't even leave the 'blanks' as you described, it just takes care of the ads with no harm to my lay out.

Thanks, that is a very good solution, very clever!

BTW: I also added criteo.com to the blocked sites in the (I.E.) browser's security settings as well as to the blocked sites in my privacy settings, maybe that made a difference.

Thanks again for this easy impementable solution!
Ras
Forumember

Language : Dutch

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana November 10th 2010, 11:31 am

Yeah and my forum is for underage kids and I have some inappropriate stuff in the ad.
If I get some trouble with the parents then forumotion is responsible, thank you.
Diana
Diana
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1286

Back to top Go down

Post by feelixer November 10th 2010, 11:37 am

We demand you change this immedietly!
What? Are you doing this to make more people buy credits!?
If yes that is a very sneaky way to do it!
I have my forum for 3 years, paid for a domain, why do have to pay for stupid adverts? I hate adverts and just dont want to see them!
You are making us angry.
feelixer

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by patiogardener November 10th 2010, 11:38 am

Sweetheart1 wrote:Without the ads how would forumotion make money to keep our forums free...live with it Smile

Do you love the flashing Medibank ad sitting right under your banner in your forum??? I know I don't like it in mine. We should have been alerted that this was going to happen. I have paid Forumotion for a domain name so they do have something from me. I do agree they need to be recompensed for providing us with this wonderful forum hosting site which is why I had the ads for Guests activated. I didn't mind the less obtrusive text ads. These current ads are a wee bit too much.

This is the first time this has happened to me in more than a year I have had my forum.
patiogardener
patiogardener
Forumember

Female Posts : 351

http://apatiogarden.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana November 10th 2010, 11:44 am

Ras wrote:
Laughing Assassin wrote:well found a way to stop the ads from showing, however it still leaves an ugly white space where the ads go, and all forum members would need to do it individually which isn't ideal but for anyone interested follow the steps HERE

I have applied your instructions and it works brilliantly!!!

It doesn't even leave the 'blanks' as you described, it just takes care of the ads with no harm to my lay out.

Thanks, that is a very good solution, very clever!

BTW: I also added criteo.com to the blocked sites in the (I.E.) browser's security settings as well as to the blocked sites in my privacy settings, maybe that made a difference.

Thanks again for this easy impementable solution!

This doesn't work for me, but does ever user on my forum need to go through that to remove the ads?
Diana
Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 November 10th 2010, 11:47 am

Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Kabbalien November 10th 2010, 11:48 am

First... Have the advertise banner in a different place is not even a solution !!
Pay for what was free of choice, is called (foolish publicity) and some times this type of behave is condemn by major hierarchies.

Then,nobody told us about this ! That show no respect for the members of FM.

Other then this.... I advise you people to go and start to move your belonging from FM to some other forum and start (slowly) to move all the members with you...
I will do in a couple of days if this situation dont come back where it was.

After all, many things in this forum are not working as they should but FM didn't fixed that, they are more worried in make us pay to remove adverts.

Shame !!
Kabbalien
Kabbalien
Forumember

Male Posts : 179
Language : English / Portugues / Brazilian / Spanish

http://trancemoon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana November 10th 2010, 11:50 am

Wait, is this a bug or is it deliberate then?
Diana
Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 November 10th 2010, 11:58 am

Yes, indeed this is a bug with the adds provider it's self Wink

Kabbalien, the techs didn't know of this themselves until the bug report was issued last week, hence they couldn't give ANY notice. Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by paor November 10th 2010, 12:00 pm

This is still a great lack of forumotion which I add to his list:

disregard suggestions
bann by onlineguard without warning
translations into other languages very bad
software update not current
dispute support
fake search
cannot change multiskin
inability to purchase base
minor control of chatbox
paor
Forumember

Language : Croatian

http://poljoprivredni-forum.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by patiogardener November 10th 2010, 12:05 pm

Paor, as Darren1 has mentioned, the problem is with the advertisement providers, not Forumotion, but it is their techs which are working to solve this issue.
patiogardener
patiogardener
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by th4nhc0n9 November 10th 2010, 12:11 pm

I feel disappointed too. Sad
th4nhc0n9
th4nhc0n9
Forumember

Male Posts : 161
Language : Vietnam

http://vnbeauties.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stix November 10th 2010, 12:23 pm

I do pay to not see ad's and they have appeared on my forum.

How can i get rid ?

FORUM IS HERE
stix
Forumember

Male Posts : 46

http://www.kentcoastal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GuaranaRT November 10th 2010, 12:30 pm

Such a big deal!!!!!

You guys are soo...

You know, forumotion, pays for OUR forums, the database, the server, support, and everything.

We created a forum from nothing, without paying a dime.

You should be more generous.

Paying Froumotion 40 $ a year, is the least you can do for these guys.

Do you have any idea how much costs a forum?

200 dollars for one year server. ONE YEAR's server ONLY

We should totaly support Forumotion, to this.
GuaranaRT
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by patiogardener November 10th 2010, 12:38 pm

Gellert, as has been previously mentioned, these ads have appeared due to a glitch from the advertisement providers, not Forumotion. It is Forumotion who is working to resolve this issue.

We do appreciate all that Forumotion provides for us which is why we do buy our domain name from them, etc & do not need someone to castigate us for being a trifle upset.
patiogardener
patiogardener
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Kraaks November 10th 2010, 12:43 pm

Off topic, but want to pay and be able to pay are different things. Since we couldn't pay, we chose this offerer. It's good to know, those commercials aren't permanent. Fixing we can wate.
Kraaks

Language : Estonian

http://www.algklassid.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next