The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Repeated bullying of our forum.

4 posters

Go down

Solved Repeated bullying of our forum.

Post by benlecyborg May 6th 2009, 6:26 pm

Well a while back we had a problem where this guy who owns a forum (clubpenguinislands.forumotion.net) hacked us and caused alot of problems to the forum. When I managed to regain control I i.p banned him but he keeps coming back with proxies and we can't stop him, he wont stop constantly bullying us and spamming and we can't take it anymore, can't you somehow ban him from forumotion or keep him from visiting our forum anymore somehow, he constantly bullies our members and tries to turn them against us for his forum! He even advertisted his forums when he hacked us!

We know it's actually him and we I.P checked him and he admited to it but later denied it! PLEASE HELP US, WE CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!

Thank you!
benlecyborg

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Repeated bullying of our forum.

Post by akashic May 6th 2009, 6:59 pm

Ban his email address and user name. Use the ip number you banned him with to report him to his internet provider.
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Female Posts : 709
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk May 6th 2009, 10:45 pm

akashic wrote:Ban his email address and user name. Use the ip number you banned him with to report him to his internet provider.

yes you can always report him to your Internet provider.

but here's what i used to do with people like that.i have said this before a few times.

create a group and a board called the dog house, or what ever you want to call it.
what you do is place this person in that group and then only allow them access to that board. and now take all his privligaes away. no posting no pm no replies no nothing.
all he can do is see the forums he is in and he is stuck there.

sure he will try to come back with other accounts. then you just keep putting him in there. he will finally get sick of it and move on. it sounds cruel but this is sometimes better then banning. because sure he's still a member. but he is confined to this one board with no privileges and cant do anything.. oh i had a couple people call it purgatory too... lol

you can even hide the board from other members. but i actually let them see the board and the stickies posted in there for why and how members come to be in there.
so just a thought. but it has worked for me in the past. and they will get sick of trying new accounts and finally give up and leave.

hope that helps
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by benlecyborg May 6th 2009, 11:30 pm

Thanks for the help.
benlecyborg

Back to top Go down

Post by benlecyborg May 6th 2009, 11:38 pm

His hostname is: r04-05.opera-mini.net

I don't think thats an ISP.
benlecyborg

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini May 7th 2009, 12:06 am

Warning : this is totally unethical reply :

who owns a forum (clubpenguinislands.forumotion.net

If he has Club Penguin forums... Try to somehow contact "iamthewalrus" group... They specialized in hacking Club Penguin forums... Guess they must really hate it...
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1351

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk May 7th 2009, 3:12 am

Tarogasini wrote:Warning : this is totally unethical reply :

who owns a forum (clubpenguinislands.forumotion.net

If he has Club Penguin forums... Try to somehow contact "iamthewalrus" group... They specialized in hacking Club Penguin forums... Guess they must really hate it...

Not exactly sure ware that is going? anyway
Since benlecyborg seems ti have gotten his answer i will now mark as solved and lock the thread to be
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down