The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

submitting my site to the search engines

5 posters

Go down

submitting my site to the search engines Empty submitting my site to the search engines

Post by applejack Sun 24 May 2009, 00:25

I appologise I am new to this type of thing can anyone help? I submitted my site to the search engines, google etc about 4 days ago I can't see it yet. Is it to soon to see it even when I search for my domain name?
applejack

Language : english

Back to top Go down

submitting my site to the search engines Empty Re: submitting my site to the search engines

Post by MrMario Sun 24 May 2009, 00:56

Have you tried doing the steps again?
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

submitting my site to the search engines Empty Re: submitting my site to the search engines

Post by applejack Sun 24 May 2009, 23:38

MrMario wrote:Have you tried doing the steps again?

I have been using the links on the admin control pannel, I've tried several times. I have just read on webmasters that it could take 2 - 3 weeks could this be true?
applejack

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Star Sun 24 May 2009, 23:59

Google won't display your site unless it gets a lot of hits and becomes large.
Google works using page ranks. If your site is linked to from inportant sites then its page rank goes up. And if you link to important sites its page rank goes up.

If your site is tiny and has a very low page rank, chances are it won't make it anywhere onto google.
Blue Star
Blue Star
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by nelsaidi2 Mon 25 May 2009, 00:17

Actually Blue Star thats not entirely correct, Google will display your site if you submit it, even if its tiny and doesnt have a page rank it still makes it onto google.

It takes a while to be addded, and dont expect to be any where near the top, which is probaly where you're looking at and not seeing ur site there.
nelsaidi2
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Star Mon 25 May 2009, 00:29

I'll think you'll find my site is infact at the top.

I'm just explaining it to him.
Blue Star
Blue Star
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by cdma_haryana Mon 25 May 2009, 12:53

cdma_haryana
cdma_haryana
Forumember

Male Posts : 132
Language : Hindi & English

Back to top Go down

Post by nelsaidi2 Mon 25 May 2009, 13:00

Blue Star wrote:I'll think you'll find my site is infact at the top.

I'm just explaining it to him.

Ofcourse it can be top, I wasnt clear, I meant to say that it doesnt mean he will be at the top of google, some people dont check the pages either, and when they dont see their site on the first page assume its not on google.
nelsaidi2
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by applejack Tue 26 May 2009, 00:11

Thanks guys I'm getting more hits on my site now so maybe it will start appearing soon and it's only a waiting gsme.
Thanks again
applejack

Back to top Go down