The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Removing Who Is Online & Statistics text?

3 posters

Go down

Removing Who Is Online & Statistics text? Empty Removing Who Is Online & Statistics text?

Post by amanda76 June 1st 2009, 6:00 pm

I have turned off the option to show Who Is Online and Statistics information at the bottom of my forum as I've just added a widget for this. The information is gone but the headings "Who is Online" and "Statistics" are still there. How do I get rid of them? All I want at the bottom is the option to enter the Chatbox. Last time I tried, it wiped out everything including the Chatbox option. Thanks
amanda76
Forumember

Language : English

http://www.pugauthority.com

Back to top Go down

Removing Who Is Online & Statistics text? Empty Re: Removing Who Is Online & Statistics text?

Post by Jalokim June 1st 2009, 6:18 pm

go to your css:

admin -panel -> display -> colors -> css tab if applicable:

find this class:
Code:
.img-whois {
   float: left;
   margin-right: 5px;
   display: none;
   }
and add the display: none; class like I did above.

then get to this code:
Code:
.h3 {
   font-weight: bold;
   display: none;
   }

and add the display: none; as I have.

if this second code makes other things disappear ...
I don't know exactly what it gets rid of because you have phpbb2, but if it makes you forum funny just remove the display none.
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Removing Who Is Online & Statistics text? Empty Re: Removing Who Is Online & Statistics text?

Post by amanda76 June 1st 2009, 6:25 pm

Jalokim wrote:
I don't know exactly what it gets rid of because you have phpbb2, but if it makes you forum funny just remove the display none.

I actually have phpBB3. Does that change things at all?
amanda76
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim June 1st 2009, 6:32 pm

no...
try and see what it does
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda76 June 1st 2009, 6:38 pm

Thanks, I just made some other changes, per my other thread and all the who is online and stat info came back, not just the headers. So, it's turned into a different question. Is there a way to get rid of the who is online and stat info completely without getting rid of the chatbox option? I tried earlier and it wiped out everything including chat. I don't want the chatbox to show, just the "enter chatbox" option. Thanks
amanda76
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim June 1st 2009, 6:41 pm

oooh... I don't think so..
the code can remove the entire stats box ... including everything in it.
but you can add a link to the chatbox in your navbar if thats what you are looking for
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda76 June 1st 2009, 8:31 pm

Jalokim wrote:oooh... I don't think so..
the code can remove the entire stats box ... including everything in it.
but you can add a link to the chatbox in your navbar if thats what you are looking for
Good idea, thanks! Now how do I do that? Smile I know how to change the nav bar icons and remove icons I don't want but I don't know how to add an icon that links to a page that's not already built into the template. I tried just using the same html I'd use to turn a pic into a link, in general, but there's not even enough space in the box for all of that.
amanda76
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda76 June 1st 2009, 10:33 pm

Never mind! Figured it out.
amanda76
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario June 1st 2009, 11:02 pm

Topic Solved
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down