The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't see background image when I change it!

3 posters

Go down

Can't see background image when I change it! Empty Can't see background image when I change it!

Post by Crimson_09 June 5th 2009, 3:59 am

When I change my background image I cant see it when I preview my forum, but I can see the logo that I uploaded. I tried another template and I still couldnt see it, but I could still see my logo. I can see the background image after I save it (The screen showing you what picture is being used for a certain part of the forum), but that's the only time.

Im not using servimg.com because for some reason it converted one of my .png files to a .jpg. I decided to use Image Aim to host the pictures and the logo (png) works now, but the background can't be seen. So I uploaded the background image to photobucket and I still cant see it when I preview. And I used the direct link to image links when i tried it with Photobucket and Image Aim.

Can anyone help? I saw that someone else had this problem but no one ever found out how to fix it.

Thanks Dawa
Crimson_09

Female Posts : 10
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Can't see background image when I change it! Empty Re: Can't see background image when I change it!

Post by Crimson_09 June 5th 2009, 1:32 pm

bump
Crimson_09

Back to top Go down

Can't see background image when I change it! Empty Re: Can't see background image when I change it!

Post by Crimson_09 June 5th 2009, 5:41 pm

bump.....again
Crimson_09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 5th 2009, 8:22 pm

Try cleaning out your cookies and cache from your browser

http://tinyurl.com/ls8bqu

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson_09 June 6th 2009, 1:08 am

Placehold wrote:Try cleaning out your cookies and cache from your browser

http://tinyurl.com/ls8bqu

Regards

Craig

Thanks. I'll try that now. : D
Crimson_09

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson_09 June 6th 2009, 1:20 am

Nope. Didn't work. I even deleted the text in all of the grey color boxes and saved and the background is still grey and not the image I saved to be the background.

So many problems! rambo
Crimson_09

Back to top Go down

Post by Swos June 6th 2009, 10:46 am

You probably need to change it in the CSS sheet I had the same issue it is probably locked by the skin you are using on your forum. Look for for background images.
Swos
Swos
Forumember

Male Posts : 95

http://matureps3gamers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by glimer June 6th 2009, 11:41 am

Hey again Crimson.
Its strange among so many users of forummotion, that nobydy seems to know how to solve this "LITTEL" problem. ????
I used a hitskin but I cant get reed of the original background image. So maybe this is just a mistake in the free software code ??? Naa i hope there must be a solution on this problem ? otherwise the hitskins sre kind of useless if you want to create Your own logo!

and Swos you mention the CCS sheet, where exactly in the admin panel can we change those data ?
glimer

Male Posts : 7
Language : dansh , english

Back to top Go down

Post by Swos June 6th 2009, 1:58 pm

glimer wrote:Hey again Crimson.
and Swos you mention the CCS sheet, where exactly in the admin panel can we change those data ?

You need to be in advanced mode then go to display/colors/css stylesheet

You may need to click on "see your forum basic css" and then cut and paste the text into the white box. If you do ctrl F and then search for "background-image: url" its in the body{ section and see what it is set to I would imagine it is set to the original background file from the skin that you used initially for your forum if you change that to the image you want and then click submit it should change the background image.

Be careful in the css stylesheet as changes can change your forum drastically.
Swos
Swos
Forumember

Male Posts : 95

http://matureps3gamers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by glimer June 6th 2009, 2:17 pm

well just to correct myself before doing any mistakes i will specify for you that im talking about the top logo not the bagground, But it seems to that even the toplogo have a logo bagground as standard as well.

You can see what i mean if You watch my forum: www.taasti.niceboard.org

The top logo picture is very big and have name (Stand) and a www. url that i dont want ofcourse.
This is the picure/bagground i want to get reed off.

So is your last suggestion still actuel for solving this problem ?

thanks for Your effort island guy Hello

//glimer
glimer

Male Posts : 7
Language : dansh , english

Back to top Go down