The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do i word censor and change admin color.

2 posters

Go down

How do i word censor and change admin color. Empty How do i word censor and change admin color.

Post by coolmickey_mv Thu Jun 11 2009, 22:15

Hey im new here and Im having some problems with my forum. I want to use cencored words but it never works, i modify and save and still doesnt. Other problem is that in the colors section, i add orange to be the admin color and it doesnt show up... Can anyone help me? Thanks! Smile

Last edited by coolmickey_mv on Thu Jun 11 2009, 23:19; edited 2 times in total
coolmickey_mv
coolmickey_mv
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

How do i word censor and change admin color. Empty Re: How do i word censor and change admin color.

Post by kirk Thu Jun 11 2009, 22:31

coolmickey_mv i understand that you are new here,But your title being non explicit and therefore not facilitating research via the search option, I'm not answering (nor is any other member ) until you change your title for an explicit one, related to your problem

Also Bold and Colored text are reserved for moderation, by staff members only.Please refrain from using them in any future threads.
Please be sure to read all forums rules,stickies and announcements
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

How do i word censor and change admin color. Empty Re: How do i word censor and change admin color.

Post by coolmickey_mv Thu Jun 11 2009, 22:56

kirk wrote:coolmickey_mv i understand that you are new here,But your title being non explicit and therefore not facilitating research via the search option, I'm not answering (nor is any other member ) until you change your title for an explicit one, related to your problem

Also Bold and Colored text are reserved for moderation, by staff members only.Please refrain from using them in any future threads.

Um sorry? Ok i changed title.
coolmickey_mv
coolmickey_mv
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk Thu Jun 11 2009, 23:08

coolmickey_mv wrote:
kirk wrote:coolmickey_mv i understand that you are new here,But your title being non explicit and therefore not facilitating research via the search option, I'm not answering (nor is any other member ) until you change your title for an explicit one, related to your problem

OK well thats not much better. Razz
you could have put something like?
(How do i word censor and change admin color.)
So next time try to be more specific to the problem you need help with. Very good

For the first question??UM? Your saying that your adding the words but they are not being censored out? strange. are you hitting save after each word you are placing in there?

for the second question. real easy just go to the admin group and change the color there. choose what you like and allow colors and make sure the group is not hidden
then hit save.

Admin Panel>user&groups>click groups>then your admin group.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by coolmickey_mv Thu Jun 11 2009, 23:28

kirk wrote:
coolmickey_mv wrote:

OK well thats not much better. Razz
you could have put something like?
(How do i word censor and change admin color.)
So next time try to be more specific to the problem you need help with. Very good

For the first question??UM? Your saying that your adding the words but they are not being censored out? strange. are you hitting save after each word you are placing in there?

for the second question. real easy just go to the admin group and change the color there. choose what you like and allow colors and make sure the group is not hidden
then hit save.

Admin Panel>user&groups>click groups>then your admin group.

Ok thanks and for the censored words, it doesnt say save it only says modify. Even when i click it and under the text it only says modify.
coolmickey_mv
coolmickey_mv
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk Thu Jun 11 2009, 23:44

Are you adding the replacement word too.

like lets say you add (scumbag) lol. Razz
under that you have to add what you want to replace it.. like (s.....g)
then hit submit.You do this for every word that you want censored.

It should work. i never heard of this happening befor so i am unsure.
just try it a few times and then if it's still not working we might have to suggest a tech or another member or staff might know how to resolve the issue.

i have just tested it on my forum and it worked.
you can try changeling the forums version. adding the words then go back to your previous version and see if that helps.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by coolmickey_mv Fri Jun 12 2009, 00:01

Nope i tried it and it still doesnt work :l
coolmickey_mv
coolmickey_mv
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by coolmickey_mv Thu Jul 23 2009, 03:31

Omg im still haviung so much trouble doing this.... The word wont censor! I want for example: fart to be replaced with **** whenever a person says the word but it wont work! It wont work and idk what im doing wrong because im doing exactly everything everyone is telling me to do... when i do put it, it only tells me to modify and when i do it says its been seccessfully done it doesny have a save button at all....
coolmickey_mv
coolmickey_mv
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk Thu Jul 23 2009, 04:21

OK i will pass this along to tylpo to possibly request tech or he might be able to help.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by coolmickey_mv Sat Jul 25 2009, 01:01

ok thank you kirk
coolmickey_mv
coolmickey_mv
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum