The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IP Address lookup

4 posters

Go down

IP Address lookup Empty IP Address lookup

Post by Susan Mon 4 Jun - 2:31

The IP Address Lookup that is with the forum now, only gave me general information, when I looked up my IP Addy. I think it may have been because I have Bellsouth Internet service...it lumps all the users together..is this correct?

If I want my moderator's to be able to lookup an IP Addy, how do I do this?

Can I make one Moderator a SR Moderator with extra privilages?

Last edited by on Mon 4 Jun - 17:00; edited 1 time in total
Susan
Susan
Forumember

Female Posts : 74
Language : English

http://treadwellhsalumni.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

IP Address lookup Empty Re: IP Address lookup

Post by The Godfather Mon 4 Jun - 11:08

hello,

Exclamation to get an answer, please change your title to an explicit one related to your problem!

Why do we ask you to use explicit titles?

I post this message to give some precision about this, because it seems that some people don't understand this rule.

The forum's search engine base its research on keywords found in topic titles.

When you do a research, do you use "help", "urgent", "problem", "SOS" or "question" as keywords to look for topics about your problem/question?

Certainly not! So this is why it is important to use titles related to your problem/question. Doing this makes the researches much easier for visitors who use the search engine to get an answer to their question.

Thanks for your comprehension.

Cordially
Editboard Staff
The Godfather
The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Mon 4 Jun - 17:01

Sorry about that...I didn't see the welcome pm, with the information. I will be careful in the future,
Susan
Susan
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by GeoX Mon 4 Jun - 17:29

southbell, yeah its an american ISP..but i didn't understand the meaning of "limp" in this question!!!

about making moderators able to see ip address, i really red about that in the FAQ but they didn't mention the method..i tried to test that now but no use..so just wait and i will get u the answer

about making a super moderator, u can just make him an admin like u..or assigning many of your sections to him/her

do u know how?!
GeoX

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Mon 4 Jun - 18:06

Thank you for answering...I don't know how to make them a super moderator or admin. This is my first forum. I used to moderate on a forum, and the moderator's had the ability to look up IP addy's. I have done websites before, just not the forum thing.

"Limp?" Lump is the word I used...it means to put it all in one place...sorry, that is the southern in me. Bellsouth uses a method that puts all the users on one IP addy...that is what I got when I looked up my addy. They probably change the addy quite a bit too. Mine came up in Calif, I think. Anyway, trying to figure all this stuff out.

I will be patiently awaiting the answer to the method for moderator's able to check IP Addresses.

Again, thank you.
Susan
Susan
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by GeoX Mon 4 Jun - 19:22

look..about making admins (nothing is like a super mod here Smile)

1-admin panel (old)

2-users admin

3-permissions

4-then retreive the member and in his page u will find upahead an option called "the user is:" >> choose "admin"

now he is an admin like u exactelly..but he can't neither delte the forums nor change the URL

then u may put him/her with u in the same group..or create a agroup called "SP mod" or whatever u would like to name it

about the IP "lump" thing..mm..so what's the problem u r facing exactelly?!..i didn't understand..if everything is okay and users can register and log in properly so there's no problem...but a problem may occur if u black-listed IP of someone using bellsouth..haha..all bellsouth members will be jammed..even u Very Happy..(i thing the IP is dynamic)

about making them able to see the ipz..mmmm..just wait for that one and either me or someone else will answer u about that
GeoX

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Mon 4 Jun - 19:34

The IP thing becomes a problem only when you need to ban someone from the forum...if you have several members using ex. bellsouth, then all those have the same IP addy and will be banned...

Thanks for everything so far..great information.
Susan
Susan
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by anurdh65 Thu 25 Jun - 14:44

Yes there is a way you can trace the email id & based on the email id you can trace the particular ip address. There is another information you can get the ip address by providing the domain name from ip search
anurdh65

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario Thu 25 Jun - 20:21

Don't bring up old post that are from 2 year ago.

Topic Locked and Garbage
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down