The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Max posts - thread splitting but where are originals?

2 posters

Go down

Max posts - thread splitting but where are originals? Empty Max posts - thread splitting but where are originals?

Post by noideay Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:08 am

Once a thread has reached the 990 max posts I've seen that it is supposed to lock down & split into a new thread.

We've had numerous threads that have reached the 990 but instead of the thread splitting into a new one it jsut loses all the previous posts.

Is this right? is there anyway to retrieve these lost posts? I read the limitations to be that a new thread would be started up? where can i find the new thread? or the old one for that matter? have i interpretated this incorrectly?

Sorry so many questions, but last one, what can we do to stop the posts being culled like this? We've lost lots of very precious pics & memories of our members' babies

thank you in advance
noideay

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Max posts - thread splitting but where are originals? Empty Re: Max posts - thread splitting but where are originals?

Post by Veljko Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:28 am

I don't think you lost the topic. It usually splits and last topic is locked and there is new one opened. Have you tried to find locked topics? Smile
Veljko
Veljko
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1270
Language : Serbian, English, CSS, HTML, a bit of latin and german...

Back to top Go down

Max posts - thread splitting but where are originals? Empty Re: Max posts - thread splitting but where are originals?

Post by noideay Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:41 am

ok basic question - how do i search for locked posts - there are no obvious ones Embarassed
noideay

Back to top Go down

Post by Veljko Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:44 am

No, locked topics. You will see some link when the topic splits in new topic, I think that link will lead you to the old topic... Wink
Veljko
Veljko
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by noideay Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:46 am

there is no link - the older posts simply disappear & only recent ones are now at the beginning of the thread Sad
noideay

Back to top Go down

Post by Veljko Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:50 am

Use search and add the title of split topic. I think you'll find the locked and the new one. Wink
Veljko
Veljko
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by noideay Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:56 am

ah found them - but how do we set it so that the locked thread is seen in the feneral forum rather than having to do a search for it?
noideay

Back to top Go down

Post by Veljko Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:00 am

Just move it to the forum you want. Smile
Veljko
Veljko
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by noideay Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:06 am

thank you very much for your help
noideay

Back to top Go down

Post by noideay Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:11 am

ok i can't actually move it because it is still kinda attached the the remaining posts - but at least i have been able to tell everyone how th=o find them

thanks again
noideay

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum