The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ONLY TOPIC]All posts are gone & Forum Blank?

+50
dizaia
Gribardson
DraMaTiK
changkhothuychung7819
brianjanadela
Soldatay
trackfactory
Sweetheart1
sanja
Kazeaki
Suezer
Jonathan
Darren1
wuchi2009
mardagz
mikeevster
nowucmenowudont
shailay
zappyspiker
zubbs1
Vetch
Hackills
Dark as Knight
Falon
27th_Acer_CO
MrMega
MrMario
leptirica1234
*Subs Show*
whitesheep
KiiD CuDii
Tekla
kostas15762
××eris××
SalPesce
CSIS
Beno
mattb36469
Mehtevas
Shadow101
cell-
wannabemountainman
Delta Oscar
saintnathan
Shinzui_Debiru
leclerc
maxtiger
defence.chief
Sanket
Rehua
54 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

[ONLY TOPIC]All posts are gone & Forum Blank? - Page 7 Empty [ONLY TOPIC]All posts are gone & Forum Blank?

Post by Rehua July 15th 2009, 10:18 am

First topic message reminder :

My forum won't show ...
What can I do?

I am making this a only topic for blank forum & posts being lost.

Last edited by Niels on July 15th 2009, 9:23 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited the title-Sanket)
Rehua
Rehua
Forumember

Male Posts : 669
Language : Dutch, English, German, French

http://vocatrem.findtalk.biz/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

[ONLY TOPIC]All posts are gone & Forum Blank? - Page 7 Empty Re: [ONLY TOPIC]All posts are gone & Forum Blank?

Post by changkhothuychung7819 July 16th 2009, 5:30 pm

you are having as their cases and not be overcome or an explanation?
changkhothuychung7819

Language : Vietnames

Back to top Go down

[ONLY TOPIC]All posts are gone & Forum Blank? - Page 7 Empty Re: [ONLY TOPIC]All posts are gone & Forum Blank?

Post by Rehua July 16th 2009, 5:34 pm

I've deleted my forum because of this Smile. I hope that answers your question, because I don't exactly get it.
Rehua
Rehua
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by changkhothuychung7819 July 16th 2009, 5:37 pm

so share the same sad ban.minh must fight for their forum is a lot of members and posts trong.mot is the forum delete or answer and restore all the ca.khong only me but some of you have gập cases like me
changkhothuychung7819

Language : Vietnames

Back to top Go down

Post by Suezer July 16th 2009, 5:45 pm

If that is the case that is truly poor..I have moths of work gone. Really not a good service at all.
Suezer

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan July 16th 2009, 5:58 pm

Here's a tip for people who have "lost" their posts and "lost" some of their categories / forums; I got the majority of the posts I "lost" back this way:

Make a new forum that follows on from your last forum and call it something like "test". You don't need to change the permissions or anything. If you've done that right, on the index you should have the topics and posts at 0, but if you go into the forum itself, all your posts should be there.

To get the numbers fixed, just leave it for a bit and the forum should sort itself out.
Jonathan
Jonathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rehua July 16th 2009, 6:01 pm

If that's true, that will be the solution.
Rehua
Rehua
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Suezer July 16th 2009, 6:11 pm

What can I do..I cannot even log onto my forum and I am the admin.
Suezer

Back to top Go down

Post by Falon July 16th 2009, 6:44 pm

Suezer wrote:What can I do..I cannot even log onto my forum and I am the admin.

Try using this.

https://www.forumotion.com/en/utils/

Go to direct connection to the admin panel.
My password got rerolled so maybe that's an issue?
Falon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rehua July 16th 2009, 6:52 pm

Suezer wrote:What can I do..I cannot even log onto my forum and I am the admin.

Read this:
https://help.forumotion.com/connection-problems-f42/reminder-for-founders-who-lost-their-passwords-t42284.htm
Rehua
Rehua
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario July 16th 2009, 6:53 pm

Hello Again,

I foudn some more infomation about the issue from the French Forum.

16/07/09
11 a.m.
SandyL wrote:
Hello to all and all,

Our technicians are work this morning to find the best solutions for your forums.
Some slowdowns that you can find currently are due to the work they perform.

as soon as there will be with advanced concrete, a staff member will keep you up-to-date with.

-----------------------------------

14: 40 a.m.
Zen wrote:
Hello,

After several attempts, we are sorry to inform you that the messages/members/themes lost are more recoverable.

For the forums themselves without founder, please login by entering Admin as Nick, if you lost your password, please contact Eximma or Luky by indicating by PM :

Arrow The address of the forum
Arrow Foundation email

Cordially

Last edited by MrMario on July 16th 2009, 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I did edit the message so it was best fit for this forum)
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Falon July 16th 2009, 6:54 pm

:|
Falon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rehua July 16th 2009, 7:57 pm

It looks like the posts, users and information is gone.
Rehua
Rehua
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by defence.chief July 16th 2009, 7:59 pm

Yes... Luckily i dint open my forum yet..it was still in designing stage.... anyways i maintaining a personal backup of what am doing... till the backup system are gonna be back for good.
defence.chief

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 16th 2009, 8:35 pm

Didn't get a reply to my last post in my own topic, and I don't want to read 7 pages here. Simple summary anyone? Am I screwed or will my posts be restored?

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow101 July 16th 2009, 8:37 pm

Dadashi Hatake wrote:Didn't get a reply to my last post in my own topic, and I don't want to read 7 pages here. Simple summary anyone? Am I screwed or will my posts be restored?
u and I are screwed
Shadow101
Shadow101

http://www.clanuvk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 16th 2009, 8:39 pm

Well that's just plain stupid -_- Never happened to me in two years on Invisionfree. Looks like no more role playing on my new site. To email! Damn junk *grumbles*

Back to top Go down

Post by defence.chief July 16th 2009, 8:44 pm

Can any moderator tell us what steps are taken in order to prevent this in the near future ?
defence.chief

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario July 16th 2009, 8:50 pm

Forumotion is very sorry about this I can tell you that.

What I would do is to make copies of images, text (that is important) etc... to your computer or a uploading provider. Other than that there isn't anything.

If you are going to complain and complain about your forum don't post it. There isn't anything that I can do to help this or prevent it. To me/reading the post in the French forum this issue looks solved but I won't close this topic for another day or so just in case. Please just keep posting your forum if you can't get access to your forum.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by DraMaTiK July 16th 2009, 8:56 pm

MrMario wrote:Forumotion is very sorry about this I can tell you that.

What I would do is to make copies of images, text (that is important) etc... to your computer or a uploading provider. Other than that there isn't anything.

If you are going to complain and complain about your forum don't post it. There isn't anything that I can do to help this or prevent it. To me/reading the post in the French forum this issue looks solved but I won't close this topic for another day or so just in case. Please just keep posting your forum if you can't get access to your forum.

Wow that's bad.But thanks for the update MrMario !
DraMaTiK
DraMaTiK
Forumember

Language : English | Spanish | Italian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rehua July 16th 2009, 8:58 pm

I don't really care anymore. I deleted my forum to make a fresh new start Wink.
Rehua
Rehua
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Gribardson July 16th 2009, 9:01 pm

whitesheep wrote:my site not working at all is this still being worked on?

website link:www.imperialstorm.darkbb.com

The forum imperialstorm.darkbb.com doesn't exist.
Verify the internet address you typed : imperialstorm.darkbb.com,
and try again if there is a mistake.
It is possible that the administrator has chosen to delete it.

I have trhe same problem with my forums. I am the founder, have cleared cache.Moonshineboyz
Gribardson

Back to top Go down

Post by leclerc July 16th 2009, 9:05 pm

MrMario wrote:Hello Again,

Zen wrote:
Hello,

After several attempts, we are sorry to inform you that the messages/members/themes lost are more recoverable.

this is final/official answer from forumotion?

i understand that shit can happen and we lost data from past 2-3 days
but why there is forum backup if that dont work in this kind of situation???

we can do work on ours forum again but if there is nothing that can prevent this situation again...
leclerc

Language : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by defence.chief July 16th 2009, 9:15 pm

We are not asking for anything new. we understand machines can fail anytime but i suppose thats the only reason we have somthing called backup and which is currently available with forumtion forums. but unfortunately it dint work during this failure. so all we are asking is whether that backup facility will work without any flaws in the near future and is something being done about it. I think its valid on our parts to know about this because we spend night and day doing our forum and finding it gone all of a sudden is not nice. So kindly give us an accurate answer.
defence.chief

Back to top Go down

Post by DraMaTiK July 16th 2009, 9:19 pm

Well they did do a rollback to when we weren't seeing any technical problems and it failed. So maybe they are doing something about since MrMario is leaving this topic open for a miracle
DraMaTiK
DraMaTiK
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by defence.chief July 16th 2009, 9:21 pm

I really hope they something about that. This forum is really awesome and this failure should not be a setback for them. I have never seen a forum so sophisticated and still user friendly like forumotion. I hope they get the backup facility working.
defence.chief

Back to top Go down

Post by defence.chief July 16th 2009, 9:23 pm

Gribardson wrote:
whitesheep wrote:my site not working at all is this still being worked on?

website link:www.imperialstorm.darkbb.com

The forum imperialstorm.darkbb.com doesn't exist.
Verify the internet address you typed : imperialstorm.darkbb.com,
and try again if there is a mistake.
It is possible that the administrator has chosen to delete it.

I have trhe same problem with my forums. I am the founder, have cleared cache.Moonshineboyz

I am able to see your forum. Its working.
defence.chief

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario July 16th 2009, 9:28 pm

leclerc wrote:
MrMario wrote:Hello Again,

Zen wrote:
Hello,

this is final/official answer from forumotion?

i understand that shit can happen and we lost data from past 2-3 days

we can do work on ours forum again but if there is nothing that can prevent this situation again...

If you wish to view it your self you can look http://www.microsofttranslator.com/BV.aspx?ref=IE8Activity&a=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.forumactif.com%2Fproblme-de-connexion-f71%2Ftopic-uniquepage-blanche-perte-message-thme-et-membre-t241028.htm

But as for the back up that is going to be on the words of Typlo, Godfather or anyone from the Pro Staff that work at Forumotion.

defence.chief wrote:We are not asking for anything new. we understand machines can fail anytime but i suppose thats the only reason we have somthing called backup and which is currently available with forumtion forums. but unfortunately it dint work during this failure. so all we are asking is whether that backup facility will work without any flaws in the near future and is something being done about it. I think its valid on our parts to know about this because we spend night and day doing our forum and finding it gone all of a sudden is not nice. So kindly give us an accurate answer.

I not going to comment on the backup as I don't have any infomation on whats going on and why.

DraMaTiK wrote:Well they did do a rollback to when we weren't seeing any technical problems and it failed. So maybe they are doing something about since MrMario is leaving this topic open for a miracle

I'm just leaving it open so if something does go wrong again unexpectivly.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 16th 2009, 9:28 pm

leclerc wrote:i understand that shit can happen and we lost data from past 2-3 days
It's a pretty safe bet that newer and/or low-traffic forums are on old/crappy servers, and forums get moved to better servers based on traffic (more likely ad revenue). That's good business practice, and no one should ever fault forumotion for doing that.

However, it would appear that forumotion was also trying to save money on the low-traffic forums by keeping backups on the same server as the live forums. The problem with that is, if a server crashes, it takes out the backups as well. That's NOT good business practice, because getting a reputation for poor reliability WILL hurt forumotion's business.

I hope forumotion learns from this HUGE mistake and never lets it happen again.

Back to top Go down

Post by DraMaTiK July 16th 2009, 9:30 pm

I hope forumotion learns from this HUGE mistake and never lets it happen again.

It's not forumotion faults.This is just a technical problem which in fact the technician are having problem solving.
DraMaTiK
DraMaTiK
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Gribardson July 16th 2009, 9:34 pm

Thank you defence.chief. Any suggestions as to make myself or other see it? I have tried clearing cache, removing temp. internet files, cleared cookies and history. Even got mozilla and still had the problems. I normally run IE8.

Thank you
Gribardson

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next