The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remove 'Free Forum:' from Support Forum

+8
Base
phantomkhaos
Walshy95
MrMario
Darren1
Mehtevas
:)tayne:)
Rok
12 posters

Go down

Remove 'Free Forum:' from Support Forum?

Remove 'Free Forum:' from Support Forum Left1197%Remove 'Free Forum:' from Support Forum Right11 97% 
[ 37 ]
Remove 'Free Forum:' from Support Forum Left113%Remove 'Free Forum:' from Support Forum Right11 3% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 38

Remove 'Free Forum:' from Support Forum Empty Remove 'Free Forum:' from Support Forum

Post by Rok July 15th 2009, 10:43 pm

I suggest that the 'Free Forum:' tag should be removed from the Support Forum's title. It looks a little unprofessional having that tag there. Also, the 's' in the word 'support' in the title isn't capitalized. It'd look a little better with that capitalized (if the 'Free Forum:' tag does get removed.) Nothing much more to say, so yeah. Remove 'Free Forum:' from Support Forum 328950

Yes / No Voting
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Male Posts : 6823
Language : idk

Back to top Go down

Remove 'Free Forum:' from Support Forum Empty Re: Remove 'Free Forum:' from Support Forum

Post by :)tayne:) July 15th 2009, 10:48 pm

100% Agreed Rok.
Forumember

Male Posts : 794
Language : English

http://www.gamesarcade.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Remove 'Free Forum:' from Support Forum Empty Re: Remove 'Free Forum:' from Support Forum

Post by Rok July 15th 2009, 10:51 pm

Thanks for agreeing. We need more votes. Very Happy
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehtevas July 15th 2009, 10:53 pm

I agree with you Rok. thumleft
Mehtevas
Mehtevas
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2114
Language : Currently, I am receiving support requests by P.M. Support requests, which can, and should, be done in the support section.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok July 15th 2009, 10:56 pm

Thanks for another vote. Remove 'Free Forum:' from Support Forum 385955
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 16th 2009, 4:19 am

I'm going to say no because:

1) It's promotion (DUH)
2) Best said in jalo's words "The support forum just wants to show that its 'special' "
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario July 16th 2009, 6:12 am

I have to agree that it removed as is a support forum and we already know its a free forum. Plus the word support Forum should corrected.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Walshy95 July 16th 2009, 6:58 pm

Voted no because their clearly advertising FM.

Removing it would just take away its purpose.
Walshy95
Walshy95
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1308

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomkhaos July 16th 2009, 10:51 pm

Voted yes

If your a paying customer you should have the right to at least remove the "Free Forum" + "Free Forum Support" + "Free Message Board".

That's three links "advertising" Forumotion on my forum. I think one is enough, but three?! Come on Mod's/Admin. I'm all for having ONE link to Forumotion's website not their support forum, but three separate links. That's a little rediculous if you ask me.

As a paying custom I vote yes to remove it. I hope this gets done as well as fixing the English. It's kind of embarrassing when my members notice spelling goof ups made by the creators, then I have to explain to them why. It's very unprofessional and needs to be fixed.
phantomkhaos
phantomkhaos
Forumember

Male Posts : 38

http://www.khaoskorps.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Base July 17th 2009, 2:30 pm

I'll vote yes to this, the removal of the 'Free forum:' and the capitalization of the 's' could make it a bit more professional and not make it seem like a 'freely made forum'. Smile
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok July 18th 2009, 6:41 am

darren1 wrote:I'm going to say no because:

1) It's promotion (DUH)
2) Best said in jalo's words "The support forum just wants to show that its 'special' "
How is having 'Free Forum:' all crumbled up in the forum's title promotion, lol? Why would the support forum be promoting their own forum hosting service? It's pretty obvious that the users from the ForuMotion support forum are legit to ForuMotion forums.

I agree with MrMario 100% of the way. Thanks for everyone who voted yes!
16 yes : 1 no
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok July 24th 2009, 4:08 pm

Anymore votes? Razz
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by LH Justin July 24th 2009, 5:17 pm

I voted yes, it makes it look like Forumotion put little effort into their support forum.
LH Justin
LH Justin
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3686

Back to top Go down

Post by DeathSoul July 28th 2009, 7:39 am

I think this is a good idea but I want to modify this idea I think if you have a domain name or a subname your should have to pay to get the copyright off. voted yes anyway
DeathSoul
DeathSoul
Forumember

Male Posts : 369
Language : ENGLISH

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 28th 2009, 8:13 am

Note to self: The SF is a PHPBB3 version loul
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Remove 'Free Forum:' from Support Forum Empty yes

Post by ksl-streams August 18th 2009, 10:54 pm

I vote yes simply because im sick of people joining up and then weeks or months later they get an attitude and suddenly want to compete against you, so they click the Free Forums link make their own site then spam the hell out of yours untill they have taken all your members
ksl-streams
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Marc August 25th 2009, 4:12 pm

darren1 wrote:
Torres wrote:Voted no because their clearly advertising FM.

Removing it would just take away its purpose.

I'm going to say no because:

1) It's promotion (DUH)
Is it just me or did you say that you did not like this suggestion and only one of you voted, fufufu

*/ Looks at Torres, huhohi

So,if the "free forums" title is removed, then the world will go mad? Well,no...

This support forum has to show others what forumotion can do. So, the free is just there to notify others that it's a free forum. And the reasons why we have so many icons,ect on the forum is because the administrators wanted to tell the other members that it's possible to do whatever is here on their forum, Remove 'Free Forum:' from Support Forum Redface
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down