The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what would hapen if i payed for my own domane

3 posters

Go down

what would hapen if i payed for my own domane Empty what would hapen if i payed for my own domane

Post by jake0151 July 20th 2009, 10:25 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

is the forum still updated by forum-motion or is that all down to the admin
will i get more admin options
will people find the forum on google
and most inportently
wil i get free tecnecal surport
jake0151
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

what would hapen if i payed for my own domane Empty Re: what would hapen if i payed for my own domane

Post by Darren1 July 20th 2009, 10:34 am

Hello,

When you purchase ur domain, its all yours - Even if u purchase it from forumotion. You just have to ask Typlo for a domain transfure code Cool
Your forum will remain on the ForuMotion servers, and will continuously get updates, and support for the life of your forumotion forum Smile

More admin options will only come if the options come via an update, you currently have all u can get as a founder.
People will always be able to find your forum via search engines, especually if you use good meta tags Smile

you will always get free technical support here on forumotion - There is no way a free forum hoster will charge u for technical support Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

what would hapen if i payed for my own domane Empty Re: what would hapen if i payed for my own domane

Post by jake0151 July 20th 2009, 10:55 am

oh ok cool soo the forum canbe found by people on a search engine any way
jake0151
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by LouieWpHs04 July 20th 2009, 11:02 am

Yeah, but it takes a lot longer & based on my experience with google they index you a lot slower if you don't have your own domain for your website. Keep in mind, just my experience. I could have gotten lucky but I seemed to have gotten indexed a lot faster having my own domain then the countless other websites i've made using places like forumotion and not making a domain purchase like I did here.

If you need any help getting your site indexed properly feel free to PM me and i'll be glad to help Smile

Keep in mind that by purchasing a domain name it makes your site look a lot more professional and more appealing to most. Plus. It's only $19.(That's a per year cost.) I think it was well worth the money I spent.
LouieWpHs04
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by jake0151 July 20th 2009, 11:08 am

YER i search my forum even with the address and i cant find it
jake0151
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 20th 2009, 12:27 pm

jake0151 wrote:YER i search my forum even with the address and i cant find it

If ur forum is less than 3 months old it wont have been properly indexed to the stage it's search-able without meta tags.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down