The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Issues for members getting "You haven't got the rights to access this page"

4 posters

Go down

Solved Issues for members getting "You haven't got the rights to access this page"

Post by Laura B. July 29th 2009, 3:36 pm

This error message is coming up for members that are trying to use the search engine and also when they try to view unanswered posts - how do I fix that?

tia,

Laura B.
Laura B.
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Issues for members getting "You haven't got the rights to access this page"

Post by Master Marc July 29th 2009, 5:14 pm

Hello Laura B.,
You can fix this by setting the permissions for guests to view the forum.

ACP=>General Tab=>Forum=>Categories and forums=>Forum Permissions Control=>Look for the forums the guests can't view=>Choose the forum=>Set permission for guests to view forums=>Save
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Issues for members getting "You haven't got the rights to access this page"

Post by Laura B. July 29th 2009, 5:16 pm

It isn't an issue of viewing a forum - it is when they use the buttons - i.e., the search engine and/or the link that says view unanswered POSTS that they have the problems.

thanks,

Laura B.
Laura B.
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket July 29th 2009, 5:18 pm

You have to change the permissions for that forum So that you can make them available to view for forum members.
General>Categories and forums>
Click on that forum name
Change the permissions to view the forum.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura B. July 29th 2009, 5:31 pm

Maybe I'm not communicating properly. It isn't when viewing a FORUM/category/sub-forum - it is simply when using the 'view unanswered posts' OR trying to use the search option. Not when viewing a particular portion OF the board itself.

Laura B.
Laura B.
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehtevas July 29th 2009, 5:51 pm

Admin Panle>Display>Homepage>Headers and Navigation>Change the search permissons there>save.

The unanswered post should be open for anyone at anytime...
Mehtevas
Mehtevas
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2114
Language : Currently, I am receiving support requests by P.M. Support requests, which can, and should, be done in the support section.

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura B. July 29th 2009, 6:08 pm

THANKS!! I 'think' that fixed it - well, what fixed it was an option I found while looking there!!

Laura B.
Laura B.
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehtevas July 29th 2009, 6:08 pm

Your Welcome. Wink
Mehtevas
Mehtevas
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2114
Language : Currently, I am receiving support requests by P.M. Support requests, which can, and should, be done in the support section.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket July 29th 2009, 6:10 pm

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.
Sanket
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down