Is It Alright?

Go down

Is It Alright? Empty Is It Alright?

Post by The619 on July 18th 2006, 3:41 am

The members on my forum are requesting a media forum I know they do it on InvisionFree, this would include downloads to songs, videos, etc that are loaded up on megaupload, sendspace, rapidshare, youtube, etc.

I know the TOS said that no torrent files or anything but this isn't so is this okay? If so it would help my forum out alot...
The619

Back to top Go down

Is It Alright? Empty Re: Is It Alright?

Post by Wiegraf on July 18th 2006, 3:54 am

Hello

Before answering you, I'd like to ask you to do something : please edit your first post, and change the title, this one is not explicit Wink

You can create a media forum freely, but you must have the autorisation to put the songs, videos, or anything you would like, on your forum (copyright and royalties)

Matter of fact, you can put anything you like on your forum, as long as it stays legal. So, if you have the authorisation, don't hesitate Wink

Knight Wink
Wiegraf

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia on July 18th 2006, 4:18 am

Hello.

If the songs, videos, etc. are copyrighted (it's the case for popular songs, movies), you can't distribute them. So, if you have any doubts about a song or a video you want to distribute, the best is to not do it, because if we find copyrighted material on your board, you will have no other choice than bidding farewell to your board.

Here's a post to read : https://help.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=108
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

Post by The619 on July 19th 2006, 5:06 am

What about wrestling downloads like matches, pay per views, etc.
The619

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on July 19th 2006, 10:43 am

One thing you can do if you want a media room is too make your own movies and songs and copyright them so no body else will take them, it's just an idea but it won't by half be funny!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia on July 19th 2006, 8:59 pm

I asked Laurent (administrator of the French support) about it and here's his answer :

@Laurent wrote:C'est évidemment interdit... Rolling Eyes Ces matchs sont soumis à des droits audiovisuels. Dernièrement, des sites et forums ont été fermés pour avoir diffusé en direct sur internet des matchs de football retransmis par Canal+. Là c'est la même chose...

I translate :

@Laurent wrote:It's obviously forbidden... Rolling Eyes These matches are under audiovisual royalties. Lately, many websites and forums have been closed for diffusing European football matchs directly on Internet, these ones were retransmitted by Canal+. As for wrestling matchs, it's the same thing...
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

Post by The619 on July 20th 2006, 4:45 am

My question is if we are not allowed to post wrestling media on editboard forums than how come I see lots of Invisionfree forums doing the same thing? Alot of users on forums post alot of media and even on some of the biggest wrestling forums around there are media forums.
The619

Back to top Go down

Post by Wiegraf on July 20th 2006, 5:39 am

Hello

Concerning the Invision free forums, their rules are certainly the same as for Editboard.

So, it's either the administrators of the forums you're talking about put these videos without any permission (like many websites and forums), and, as this is illegal, they are taking the risk of beeing sued, or they have the permission for the videos they post (even though I don't think so Confused )

Alot of users on forums post alot of media
Yes, but that doesn't mean they have the right to, does it? Wink

some of the biggest wrestling forums around there are media forums.
Concerning the big forums, most of them have paid royalties, so they are free to put these videos Wink

There's a great difference between being able to do something, and having the right to do it Wink

Knight Wink
Wiegraf

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum