The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Registration Problems??

3 posters

Go down

Registration Problems?? Empty Registration Problems??

Post by IVM September 8th 2009, 11:35 pm

Today while a friend was trying to register for my forum, she noticed a problem there.
Not sure if it was me working on admin panel and ruining something or if it is a temprary glitch on your end.
I tried myself by creating a new account and same thing happened.

After filling in the required fields and after confirming password + clicking "save", it would reject the process adding this message: "You must fill in the required fields.
The passwords you entered did not match " ( Of course the password was correct. I tried more than once )

Can you help me with this?

Thanks in advance
IVM
IVM

Female Posts : 18
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Registration Problems?? Empty Re: Registration Problems??

Post by kirk September 9th 2009, 12:48 am

whats the forums address?
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by IVM September 9th 2009, 12:54 am

kirk wrote:whats the forums address?

http://palscafe.forumotion.com/forum.htm

I managed to register.

However, I noticed that the first password that I enter in the registration page would disappear as soon as I click "save". Then in the next page ( "Confirm password" ) it would not match of course.

I had to fill in the fields in this order: 1) Username- 2) Email address- 3) Password.

This is what made it work.
IVM

Back to top Go down

Post by IVM September 9th 2009, 2:34 am

IVM wrote:
kirk wrote:whats the forums address?

http://palscafe.forumotion.com/forum.htm

I managed to register.

However, I noticed that the first password that I enter in the registration page would disappear as soon as I click "save". Then in the next page ( "Confirm password" ) it would not match of course.

I had to fill in the fields in this order: 1) Username- 2) Email address- 3) Password.

This is what made it work.

Any help please? Thanks
IVM

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuku September 9th 2009, 2:38 am

The order that you fill out user name, email and password dosn't matter due to the fact they are are on the same page and that they are all sent to the database at the same time when you click submit. Im thinking that you've just been typing the wrong passwords until now...
Ryuku
Ryuku
Forumember

Male Posts : 165

http://shinehq.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IVM September 9th 2009, 2:45 am

Ryuku wrote:The order that you fill out user name, email and password dosn't matter due to the fact they are are on the same page and that they are all sent to the database at the same time when you click submit. Im thinking that you've just been typing the wrong passwords until now...

I am in the condition to assure you the password is correct. I tried so many times now.

Every time I manage to create a new account it is only by following this order U described above.
IVM

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk September 9th 2009, 2:46 am

i got in right away?

Your account has been created. However, this forum requires account activation. An activation key has been sent to the e-mail address you provided. Please check your e-mail for further information.

Notice : If you are using a free email provider such as Hotmail, make sure this e-mail did not get in your "Spam" folder. Add the address to your green list, so you can receive notification e-mails and other information sent from the forum.

and i did my user then email and the pass last as well.
i am in the inactive members list right now. if you like delete that account and i will try it again out of the order.. but i also agree it should not matter what order you put the info in?
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by IVM September 9th 2009, 2:49 am

kirk wrote:i got in right away?

Your account has been created. However, this forum requires account activation. An activation key has been sent to the e-mail address you provided. Please check your e-mail for further information.

Notice : If you are using a free email provider such as Hotmail, make sure this e-mail did not get in your "Spam" folder. Add the address to your green list, so you can receive notification e-mails and other information sent from the forum.

i am in the inactive members list right now. if you like delete that account and i will try it again out of the order.. but i also agree it should not matter what order you put the info in?

Done. Already deleted.
IVM

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk September 9th 2009, 2:55 am

IVM wrote:

Done. Already deleted.

Dunno my friend. i did everything backwards this time.

pass,email,user it went right through for me?

be sure what ever you are trying to register with is not an active member or in the inactive list? but if it was it would be giving you a different message saying that the info is already being used.. or something like that.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by IVM September 9th 2009, 2:58 am

kirk wrote:
IVM wrote:

Done. Already deleted.

Dunno my friend. i did everything backwards this time.

pass,email,user it went right through for me?

be sure what ever you are trying to register with is not an active member or in the inactive list? but if it was it would be giving you a different message saying that the info is already being used.. or something like that.

Not an active or inactive member. But what I think is most important is that it works as per your experience through it.

Kirk, I appreciate your help and fast reply very much!

Have a nice one
IVM
IVM

Back to top Go down