The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using cbox removes members' names from the "Who is Online?" list

3 posters

Go down

Using cbox removes members' names from the "Who is Online?" list Empty Using cbox removes members' names from the "Who is Online?" list

Post by purefan88 September 13th 2009, 8:29 am

hello...

i have installed a chatbox from cbox.ws and i've noticed that members who use the chatbox are not listed on the "Who is Online?" list... they are still online but for some reason their names are not indicated on the online list... this doesn't happen with the built-in cbox, but i don't want to use it as members who are not logged-in cannot see the conversations...

is there a way to remedy this situation?
purefan88
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Using cbox removes members' names from the "Who is Online?" list Empty Re: Using cbox removes members' names from the "Who is Online?" list

Post by Jophy September 13th 2009, 8:50 am

is the chatbox from forumotion?
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Using cbox removes members' names from the "Who is Online?" list Empty Re: Using cbox removes members' names from the "Who is Online?" list

Post by purefan88 September 13th 2009, 8:58 am

zoids25 wrote:is the chatbox from forumotion?

yup, here is my site --> http://www.pbaddicts.net

i have removed my cbox for the meantime...
purefan88
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 September 13th 2009, 9:10 am

Hello,

you are contradicting yourself.
Have you activated the default cbox from forumotion (Admin panel >> Modules >> Chatbox configuration) or have have you inserted a html/css code from cbox.ws?

The only thing I can do at this moment without clarification is suggest to you that you have to clear your cache & cookies to get things working again.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by purefan88 September 13th 2009, 9:18 am

darren1 wrote:Hello,

you are contradicting yourself.
Have you activated the default cbox from forumotion (Admin panel >> Modules >> Chatbox configuration) or have have you inserted a html/css code from cbox.ws?

The only thing I can do at this moment without clarification is suggest to you that you have to clear your cache & cookies to get things working again.

i have deactived the default cbox from forumotion and the one from "cbox.ws" as well so i have no cbox running at the moment... btw, i also tried a chox from shoutmix and it also removes members from the online list --> meaning any other cbox, except the default one, will do that...

my question remains, is there any remedy to this? or is this "normal" from forumotion forums?
purefan88
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by purefan88 September 15th 2009, 4:52 am

doesn't anybody here know anything about FORUMOTION forums??????
purefan88
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum