The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Managing Membership Registration Approval

2 posters

Go down

Managing Membership Registration Approval Empty Managing Membership Registration Approval

Post by Phoenixa September 29th 2009, 7:03 pm

Would like to change membership registration on our forum to require admin/mods approval of new membership and cannot locate solution to this problem.

Also, a new member registered during the night, but their membership and profile cannot be located on the forum.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Phoenixa
Phoenixa

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Managing Membership Registration Approval Empty Re: Managing Membership Registration Approval

Post by Sanket September 29th 2009, 8:37 pm

Users & groups>Users Options
New accounts activation :Admin.

Users & groups>Inactive users
See if that user is there, activated him/her from there.

Hope that helps.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Managing Membership Registration Approval Empty Re: Managing Membership Registration Approval

Post by Phoenixa September 29th 2009, 9:17 pm

Sanket wrote:Users & groups>Users Options
New accounts activation :Admin.

Users & groups>Inactive users
See if that user is there, activated him/her from there.

Hope that helps.

They can't be found anywhere on the forum, no profile or username to deal with. Only way I can see they joined is that I recv'd a notification as admin that they had joined and when I click on the link to their profile, there is no user name or profile to see.
Phoenixa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket September 29th 2009, 9:18 pm

Ask them to rejoin. Are you sure they are nowhere in the memberlist?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenixa September 29th 2009, 9:22 pm

Sanket wrote:Ask them to rejoin. Are you sure they are nowhere in the memberlist?

I cannot ask them to rejoin if I don't have any contact info or anything else on them. They are absolutely not on the member list or anything else on that forum.
Phoenixa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket September 29th 2009, 9:24 pm

Do you know their username then that you are saying they have not yet joined?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenixa September 29th 2009, 10:57 pm

Sanket wrote:Do you know their username then that you are saying they have not yet joined?

The username they allegedly joined under is listed on the notification email, however when I click on the link in the email to visit their profile, there is nothing to indicate they are a member anywhere on the forum....just a completely blank profile.
Phoenixa

Back to top Go down