The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please help, more of a Question then a problem, subject - banning? (checked ban section of frequently asked already)

4 posters

Go down

Please help, more of a Question then a problem, subject - banning? (checked ban section of frequently asked already) Empty Please help, more of a Question then a problem, subject - banning? (checked ban section of frequently asked already)

Post by kankaku November 11th 2009, 1:59 am

Okay so this may be a basic question but I don't know the answer. I know there is a way to set it so moderators can ban, but the thing I do not know is how to set a group as moderator. Lets say I have different levels of moderator (Multiple different groups) and I want only 2 of them to be able to ban. For some reason every group with moderator in their name seems to have the option to ban. I don't know why, and well I was wondering if any of you could teach me the actual way to set a group as a moderator group. That way only the 2 groups I want to have ban can ban as moderators. Please give as many details as to how I can do so as you can, if you may.

Thanks in advance,
Kankaku
kankaku

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Please help, more of a Question then a problem, subject - banning? (checked ban section of frequently asked already) Empty Re: Please help, more of a Question then a problem, subject - banning? (checked ban section of frequently asked already)

Post by MrMario November 11th 2009, 2:21 am

Well the only way is to give them mod statue to each Forum in the Admin Panel>>General Tab>>Categoires & Forums>>Permissions>>Look for the group and click the moderate>>Save The others will not.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Please help, more of a Question then a problem, subject - banning? (checked ban section of frequently asked already) Empty Re: Please help, more of a Question then a problem, subject - banning? (checked ban section of frequently asked already)

Post by Made November 14th 2009, 9:15 pm

One other question about banning a member. Does the forum send an email or any kind of message to the member informing he/she is banned?

Thanks.
Made
Made
Forumember

Female Posts : 180

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk November 14th 2009, 9:59 pm

Made wrote:One other question about banning a member. Does the forum send an email or any kind of message to the member informing he/she is banned?

Thanks.

No when they go to the forum and try to log in it will tell them they are banned.
you have to option to tell them the reason in the reason bar when you are banning them. you should try to tell people why. not knowing can sometimes get them a Lil mad and wondering why.. but then again they will be mad anyway so it's up to you if you want to give the reason or not.

and remember you can always lift bans and put a amount of days for the ban to be in place as well.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Made November 14th 2009, 10:03 pm

Thanks, Kirk. I was thinking of sending this member an email but wanted to know if the forum was programmed to send an automatic message as well.
Never fun to have to ban a member, believe me! And this one doesn't have an expiration date... But some just don't understand or won't follow rules, etc.

Thanks again Very Happy
Made
Made
Forumember

Female Posts : 180

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk November 14th 2009, 10:07 pm

Made wrote:Thanks, Kirk. I was thinking of sending this member an email but wanted to know if the forum was programmed to send an automatic message as well.
Never fun to have to ban a member, believe me! And this one doesn't have an expiration date... But some just don't understand or won't follow rules, etc.

Thanks again Very Happy

i head that?
you can leave a reason.. i usually do. but not all the time. it depends
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down