The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding Passwords to Certain forum categories.

3 posters

Go down

Adding Passwords to Certain forum categories. Empty Adding Passwords to Certain forum categories.

Post by cb4rox November 16th 2009, 9:58 pm

On my forum I went to the Administration Panel>General>Categories and forums>Add
Then it says Choose the kind of forum you want : I did all of that, now I want to have a password on that forum that I can give to only a few people in my forum that do "Special" things, how do I make a password for a category?
cb4rox

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Adding Passwords to Certain forum categories. Empty Re: Adding Passwords to Certain forum categories.

Post by MrMario November 16th 2009, 10:00 pm

Not Possible.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Adding Passwords to Certain forum categories. Empty Re: Adding Passwords to Certain forum categories.

Post by cb4rox November 17th 2009, 1:02 am

Okay then how about hiding it from certain members
cb4rox

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 November 17th 2009, 1:24 am

Hello

Okay then how about hiding it from certain members

You can do it, but you would ahve to do that via group permissions, and indoviduall add members in, OR if it's because of X post count then you can set it to that only members of that X post count can access it, when they get put into the group which you have made auto-grouping on X post count.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by cb4rox November 17th 2009, 2:00 am

Yea i needed the group permissions thingy thanks alot! but i think im gonna just appoint the special people as moderators but without moderator permissions, and i will administrate the forum myself. THANKS ALOT
cb4rox

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum