The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Categories Problem

3 posters

Go down

Categories Problem Empty Categories Problem

Post by Satoshi December 6th 2009, 8:42 pm

Here is the Questions i need answered,

1.When an User Registers and joins the Forum, How do i make this thing send messages to all new users who register that says ''Welcome to the Site'' and so on ?

2.When i attach the Categories ''Approved Character Registrations'' and ''Inactive/not finished'' to the Forum ''Character Registrations'' It looks like this:

Categories Problem Fghdhdh

But that looks Horrible,So i wonder how to put the actual categories into the Forum,Kinda like these i want it too look like these:

Categories Problem Fgsdgsdfgdfsgh

How to do it ?

And last Question

3.How do i make an Topic into an Sticky ?

Last edited by Satoshi on December 6th 2009, 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Satoshi

Language : Bosnian,Swedish,English.

Back to top Go down

Categories Problem Empty Re: Categories Problem

Post by Sanket December 6th 2009, 8:59 pm

Hi, your title not being specific and therefore not facilitating research via the search option, I'm not answering (nor is any other member ) until you change your title to a more specific one, related to your problem

Why do we ask you to use explicit titles
Code:
The forum's search engine bases its research on keywords found in [b]topic titles[/b].

When you do a research, do you use "help", "urgent", "problem", "SOS" or "question" as keywords to look for topics about your problem/question?

Certainly not!  So this is why it is important to use titles [b]related to your problem/question[/b].  Doing this makes the researches much easier for visitors who use the search engine to get an answer to their question.

Thanks for your understanding.

Cordially
Forumotion Staff
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Categories Problem Empty Re: Categories Problem

Post by FlamingToaster December 7th 2009, 8:42 am

Since he has changed the topic title i will answer the q's

1. Go to admin panel -> General -> Messages and Emails - Private Messages scroll down a bit and then click enable private message welcome and then type it in.

2.Go to admin panel -> Display -> Homepage - Structure and hierarchy and then click medium for either "Keep categories on index" or "Split categories on index".

3.Easy go and edit the first post in the topic and then go to Options - Post options and then click sticky instead of normal.
FlamingToaster
FlamingToaster
Forumember

Male Posts : 183
Language : English and BBCode

http://final-legendaries.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down