The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Migration?!?!?

3 posters

Go down

Migration?!?!? Empty Migration?!?!?

Post by tanfies2 December 14th 2009, 6:57 am

Hi Guy's,

I currently have a forum with Website Toolbox & to be perfectly honest they are cr@p! Miles to expensive, no support & rip me off with costly page view charges because I'm getting around 5-7,000 hits a day.

Website Toolbox can provide me with all my members & posts (at a cost) but I need to know if Forumotion can move this over for me before I start heavily designing my new forum? If they can't, then I'll be wasting my time as my existing members will not want to re-register & lose their post counts, posts, threads, attachements etc.

All help will be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Scott.
tanfies2

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Migration?!?!? Empty Re: Migration?!?!?

Post by kirk December 14th 2009, 7:03 am

You can not transfer any data from one host to another. like you can not take forumotion data and move it somewhere just like you can t take data from another host and add it to forumotion.Forumotion is a free forum host and do not offer this at this time.

What You can do is tell your members the link to your new forums and leave the old forum open for a wile if they want to copy any of there post and move them to the new home. i would also have this posted as an announcements with the link leading to the new forums and have an announcement on the new forum letting members know that they can move any post over if they like.

I would also send out a news letter with the new link and all information too.
That's about all you can do.

Hope that helps a lil.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Migration?!?!? Empty Re: Migration?!?!?

Post by Darren1 December 14th 2009, 7:10 am

Migration?!?!? Hello

In addition to what kirk has said to answer your main question:

no, you cannot migrate ur current data to forumotion, as we use a SITU style of coding whilst normal phpbb coding won't work here Migration?!?!? Dawa_

Sorry.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum