sound for chat notification, (like yahoo does)

Go down

sound for chat notification, (like yahoo does) Empty sound for chat notification, (like yahoo does)

Post by REDDPAW on December 29th 2009, 9:40 pm

Greetings,
I am trying find out if it is possible to add chimes to the chat so I know if someone is in/posts to the chat room.
I need this function because I am not always in front of PC. I do chores and things while online.
The chime would be great because i could hang there and know when someone writes a reply or is talking in chat.

anyway, let me know plz.

Thanks,

Redd

also interested in knowing if i need to manually back up the forum, or if it is done automatically.

thanks again.
Redd
REDDPAW
REDDPAW

Language : english

http://reddsgamingroom.motionforum.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

sound for chat notification, (like yahoo does) Empty Re: sound for chat notification, (like yahoo does)

Post by MustangMan99 on December 30th 2009, 5:20 am

With the chatbox on the forums, no. Also, auto back up, but it doesn't seem to be working right now. To get a chatbox that does chime, and is much better, use a xat.
MustangMan99
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

sound for chat notification, (like yahoo does) Empty Re: sound for chat notification, (like yahoo does)

Post by REDDPAW on December 30th 2009, 5:48 am

lol, that is what i use, and what gave me the idea.
is there a way to inbed it on the forum?

Thanks,
Redd

Last edited by REDDPAW on December 30th 2009, 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot thanks to poster)
REDDPAW
REDDPAW

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangMan99 on December 30th 2009, 4:56 pm

Wait, do you use it on your forums itself? If not, then here is how: You first get the html script of it, then go to admin panel, go to modules, portal widgets, structure, create widget. Paste the code in, create it, and place it wherever you want it on your portal. It doesn't really work with any other page besides the portal.
MustangMan99
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario on December 31st 2009, 7:01 am

There is no way of putting sound on the chatbox. You will need to find a host that offers that.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by REDDPAW on December 31st 2009, 7:55 am

@MustangMan99 wrote:Wait, do you use it on your forums itself? If not, then here is how: You first get the html script of it, then go to admin panel, go to modules, portal widgets, structure, create widget. Paste the code in, create it, and place it wherever you want it on your portal. It doesn't really work with any other page besides the portal.

thanks so much to all of you.

I will try it.
REDDPAW
REDDPAW

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum