The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Museum project: tranfer topics from one forum to another

Go down

Museum project: tranfer topics from one forum to another Empty Museum project: tranfer topics from one forum to another

Post by Yavine August 13th 2006, 10:59 pm

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to tranfer automatically the messages of certain topics from a forum that I don't manage to another that I own.

The source forum is a huge phpBB forum where topics disappear after 3 inactive weeks (http://forum.royaumesrenaissants.com/index.php). My goal is to keep some important topics in a kind of museum, where in fact only the admin and the mods can post.

There is quite no way that I could get the password of the source forum... And I just really want to keep the messages with the names of there authors (even when they are not members of the target forum, for instance to transform them into guests BUT keep their names obvious -- signatures and avatars are unimportant, though of course I would prefer to keep them too).

Is there any way to do this?

And after this is done, do I have a possibility to keep a personnal backup of the topics I'll have saved?
Yavine

Back to top Go down

Museum project: tranfer topics from one forum to another Empty Re: Museum project: tranfer topics from one forum to another

Post by Wiegraf August 14th 2006, 2:14 am

Hello

I'm sorry, but that can't be done Confused

To transfer the topics, you need access to your forum's database, and since it's Editboard's database, you can't get that database Confused

Sorry,
Knight Wink
Wiegraf

Back to top Go down

Museum project: tranfer topics from one forum to another Empty Re: Museum project: tranfer topics from one forum to another

Post by Yavine August 14th 2006, 6:23 pm

Oh, ok... Thank you for your answer.

Any way to automatize the quotes then? Razz

(No I'm NOT lazy! Um... Maybe just a little... And the first subject I want to save already has 44 pages.)
Yavine

Back to top Go down