The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Being able to edit the standard email sent from the forum

5 posters

Go down

Being able to edit the standard forum email

Being able to edit the standard email sent from the forum Left11100%Being able to edit the standard email sent from the forum Right11 100% 
[ 5 ]
Being able to edit the standard email sent from the forum Left110%Being able to edit the standard email sent from the forum Right11 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Being able to edit the standard email sent from the forum Empty Being able to edit the standard email sent from the forum

Post by netsniper January 4th 2010, 1:01 am

Hi Folks I was testing my forum today and I wanted to see how new members get an email as a welcome to the forum and I was quite shocked at what they receive which is below

Hello *********,

Your account on "" has now been activated, you may login using the username and
password you have received in a previous email.

As you can see there is no mention of my forum name between the "" "" so how would anyone know which forum this email is talking about?
Also when a new member registers on my forum they are presented with this on the screen....

Your account has been created. However, this forum requires account activation by an administrator. An e-mail has been sent to them and you will be informed when your account has been activated.

Is it possible to add these words to it .....Please remember to check your spam folder I have had 4 members contact me in the past because the activation email went into their spam folder so god knows how many potential members never got back to me about it? so can we add the words above ie Please remember to check your spam folder

So I want to suggest that we are able to edit this standard email either to suit each of us or as mentioned above ? and to add the words to the registration message.

Thank you
Hello

Last edited by netsniper on January 9th 2010, 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1040
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Being able to edit the standard email sent from the forum Empty Re: Being able to edit the standard email sent from the forum

Post by netsniper January 5th 2010, 12:03 pm

No one else interested in this ?

Thank you Hello
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Being able to edit the standard email sent from the forum Empty Re: Being able to edit the standard email sent from the forum

Post by Redheads rock January 5th 2010, 12:45 pm

I asked a similar question about altering the subject bar on forum emails, was basicily told it wasn't possible and wasn't high on the list of things to look at.
Redheads rock
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by netsniper January 5th 2010, 1:04 pm

Thanks for your reply Redheads rock, I think it is a matter of importance when you are getting members to register and the email sent from our forums goes into the Spam folder, and what makes it worse is I think when they receive an email its sent from Forumotion even if you have your own domain, and these days most people won't even open an email they don't recognise

Thank you Hello
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by netsniper January 8th 2010, 12:26 pm

Anyone else got any comments

Thank you Hello
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario January 9th 2010, 6:16 am

You need a poll.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by netsniper January 9th 2010, 3:17 pm

Poll added thank you MrMario

Thank you Hello
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by joshuajared2000 January 13th 2010, 3:16 pm

I voted yes..

I enjoy the idea of being able to edit that message and not just for the "check your spam folder" but it would be nice to put our own text in.. ya know
"please check "here" and "here upon logging in"

good idea, i know its not high on the list. but its worth supporting 8-)
joshuajared2000
joshuajared2000
Forumember

Male Posts : 28

http://footsteps.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 17th 2013, 6:25 am

Being able to edit the standard email sent from the forum Permis10 Suggestion Clean up

-> Old suggestions(Please feel to create a new thread for the garbaged old suggestions)
-> Implemented suggestions
-> Suggestions which are currently suggested (Please use the SEARCH function)
-> Suggestions which are already possible
-> Unclear Suggestions

=> Please read the guidelines for the suggestion section: https://help.forumotion.com/t93899-suggestions-for-your-forums-how-to
=> Please take a look on the frequently suggested features for your forums:
https://help.forumotion.com/t79095-frequently-requested-suggestions-for-your-forums

Locked & Garbaged

Being able to edit the standard email sent from the forum Modera10Jophy
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down