The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

problem with what guests and members can view

2 posters

Go down

problem with what guests and members can view Empty problem with what guests and members can view

Post by robfuda January 9th 2010, 6:47 am

HI again.

Going on from my last post about members and restrictions, i have changed my forum permissions so guest, members and respective groups can view each topic as needed. However a new account was just created and when he went from being a guest to a registered member there were no new forums opened up to him?

Is this something stupid i have done wrong? or do i have to add them to the "members" group, as i cant seem to be able to do that.

sorry again for the hassle on what is obviously an easy fix

Last edited by robfuda on January 9th 2010, 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total
robfuda

Language : english

Back to top Go down

problem with what guests and members can view Empty Re: problem with what guests and members can view

Post by Sanket January 9th 2010, 7:21 am

Hi, your title not being specific and therefore not facilitating research via the search option, I'm not answering (nor is any other member ) until you change your title to a more specific one, related to your problem

Why do we ask you to use explicit titles
Code:
The forum's search engine bases its research on keywords found in [b]topic titles[/b].

When you do a research, do you use "help", "urgent", "problem", "SOS" or "question" as keywords to look for topics about your problem/question?

Certainly not!  So this is why it is important to use titles [b]related to your problem/question[/b].  Doing this makes the researches much easier for visitors who use the search engine to get an answer to their question.

Thanks for your understanding.

Cordially
Forumotion Staff
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

problem with what guests and members can view Empty Re: problem with what guests and members can view

Post by robfuda January 9th 2010, 7:31 am

sorry, have changed the title Very Happy
robfuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket January 9th 2010, 7:33 am

For members default group have you given them permissions to view the forum post new topics etc?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by robfuda January 9th 2010, 7:45 am

yes, i just went through each forum topic and changed the permissions so that members can view more than guests.

do i have to change something else to allow registered members to view more than guests?
robfuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket January 9th 2010, 7:47 am

You can't change permissions in topics.
permissions need to be changed here

General>Categories and forums
Click on any forum name
permissions tab

Change the permissions there.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by robfuda January 9th 2010, 7:58 am

my apologies, i meant i went through the admin page, via each topic and adjusted it there. and still registered members cant access anything more tha guests (unless i put them in a certain group
robfuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket January 9th 2010, 8:00 am

Via each topic? I don't get it.
why don't you follow what i said in my previous post.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by robfuda January 9th 2010, 8:11 am

i done exactly that
robfuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket January 9th 2010, 8:22 am

Can you post a screenshot of your settings?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by robfuda January 9th 2010, 8:27 am

this is a pic of my forum permission on my admin page, i want to allow this forum to be visible to registered members but not guests.

please let me know if you require something different

problem with what guests and members can view Settin10
robfuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket January 9th 2010, 8:46 am

Go into advanced mode & post a screenshot please.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by robfuda January 9th 2010, 4:44 pm

hi,

sorry here is the same topic in advanced settings

problem with what guests and members can view Settin11
robfuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket January 9th 2010, 6:09 pm

I think all permissions are fine, i don't see a reason why members wont be able to post.
Guests cannot see anything.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down