The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making links stand out as links in posts on my forum.

4 posters

Go down

coloured links - Making links stand out as links in posts on my forum. Empty Making links stand out as links in posts on my forum.

Post by DrewBlank Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:21 pm

Hi!

Is it possible to set up 'things' (for want of a better word), in a posting, or response, in a thread, so that when someone makes a link to a web site it automatically underlines and gives the link a certain color?

At present, in my forum, links placed in a post don't stand out and just blend into the text of the post. At the moment I can't tell, nor can my members, whether a link is present unless you move your cursor over it. I know with other forum software you can set it up that way.

I've been asked this by my forum members and I said I'd ask here as it is a bit of a nuisance. Or am I missing something obvious? I have tried underlining the link, but that doesn't work. It doesn't underline it.

Thanks.
DrewBlank
DrewBlank
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

coloured links - Making links stand out as links in posts on my forum. Empty Re: Making links stand out as links in posts on my forum.

Post by Sanket Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:46 pm

Whats your forum version?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

coloured links - Making links stand out as links in posts on my forum. Empty Re: Making links stand out as links in posts on my forum.

Post by dotDavid Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:08 pm

Go to your colors management (ACP > Display > Colors) and there is a section for links.
dotDavid
dotDavid
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2404

https://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DrewBlank Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:21 pm

Hi!

Thanks dotDAVID, but that doesn't seem to work when I try it for what I actually want.

Sanket, my version is phpBB2.

It's the URL links that I insert into posts that I want to highlight and underline. Not sure if I explained properly.

When you insert a link using the CHAIN icon when editing, or creating, a post, you put the URL in the top box and a name for the link (optional), in the lower box. When I do this the named link is never highlighted and I can't choose a colour that's different to the text.

If I don't name the link, and just fill in the top box with the URL, it DOES underline, but my members want to be able to name the links and see the inserted URL links clearly highlighted compared to the text.

Is this possible please, or am I missing the obvious again?

Thanks in advance.

DrewBlank :-)
DrewBlank
DrewBlank
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by DrewBlank Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:59 pm

Hi! Can anyone help with this please? Look at my post directly above this one.

Thanks.
DrewBlank
DrewBlank
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Reave Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:31 pm

Do you have your CSS on? If you do then try look for this code in your CSS. Then try to match mine or add them if you don't have them. Hope this helps

This is for url links
Code:
.forumlink{
    font-weight: bold;
    font-size: 13px;
        text-decoration: underline;
    color : #ffffff;
    }
a.forumlink{
text-decoration: underline;
    color : #ffffff;
    }