The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

closed registration / admin approval message

3 posters

Go down

closed registration / admin approval message Empty closed registration / admin approval message

Post by ksl-streams January 11th 2010, 2:40 am

Hi, im wondering if there is a way for me to place a message on the front page of my site when i close registration. What i would like to do is have a message being displayed stating the reasons why the registration is closed. Also when some one signs up is there a way i can edit the T&C's of signing up? i would like to mention in there that the site is to be kept private and not to be advertised anywhere. This is due to the fact that im tired of having to clean up the boards due to spammers. So if its written in the T&C's on sign up then no one has an excuse when i ban them from my board.
ksl-streams
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

closed registration / admin approval message Empty Re: closed registration / admin approval message

Post by dotDavid January 11th 2010, 5:32 am

Try the annoucements, or the homepage message.

You can restrict all guests from seeing your forum via the forum permissions.
dotDavid
dotDavid
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2404
Language : English

https://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

closed registration / admin approval message Empty Re: closed registration / admin approval message

Post by Jophy January 11th 2010, 1:22 pm

you can do that by typing your message to admin panel>display>generalities>(homepage message)message content(add there)>save

as stated by dotdavid, you can also use permissions for guests to not see the whole forum unless they register on it.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down