The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum Column - Transperant (Help)

3 posters

Go down

The Forum Column - Transperant (Help) Empty The Forum Column - Transperant (Help)

Post by Infectious January 18th 2010, 6:28 pm

Hello Forum of the Forums Very Happy

Is it possible to make the forum Transperant? I want something like this forum.

http://cabal.xooit.fr
Infectious
Forumember

Male Posts : 33
Language : English

Back to top Go down

The Forum Column - Transperant (Help) Empty Re: The Forum Column - Transperant (Help)

Post by Infectious January 18th 2010, 8:13 pm

Yeah and sorry, could any Administrator or Moderator move this thread to Appearance?
Infectious
Forumember

Back to top Go down

The Forum Column - Transperant (Help) Empty Re: The Forum Column - Transperant (Help)

Post by kirk January 18th 2010, 10:57 pm

Infectious.
double posting back to back within a 24 hour period is probated on forumotion support.Please wait for a reply or add any new content to your previous post next time.
Thank you

Well this is interesting and i like that.
Um i have never heard of that forum host so it\'s new to me.

See thats not actually transparent.. they must be useing css to get the images on the forums screen like that.. and i know of a way to get something like that.. but the image would repeat and not appear whole like it is on that forum.

however if you where to create a custum background with different images on it.. then you can have the forums transparent and get sort of the same effect as they have..

Honestly i think i will send jalokim and ankillian a pm on this.. they are great with css and may be able to tell you how they have achieved that.. thats awesome i have been wanting to do something like that for a wile now.

but now this may also be a feature that the forum host offer? i dont know like i said it\'s the first i ever heard of this host?

so let me pm them guy\'s and give them this thread link and see what they suggest first.. then if not i can explain how you can get something similar to that but it wont be as exact or precise as the forum you have as an example.

Last edited by kirk on January 18th 2010, 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Infectious January 18th 2010, 11:02 pm

kirk wrote:Infectious.
double posting back to back within a 24 hour per ion is probated on forumotion support.Please wait for a reply or add any content to your previous post next time.
Thank you

Well this is interesting and i like that.
Um i have never heard of that forum host so it's new to me.

See thats not actually transparent.. they must be useing css to get the images on the forums screen like that.. and i know of a way to get something like that.. but the image would repeat and not appear whole like it is on that forum.

however if you where to create a custum background with different images on it.. then you can the forums transparent and get sort of the same effect as they have..

Honestly i think i will send jalokim and ankillian a pm on this.. they are great with css and may be able to tell you how they have achieved that.. thats awesome i have been wanting to do something like that for a wile now.

but now this may also be a feature that the forum host offer? i dont know like i said it's the first i ever heard of this place?

so let me pm them guy's and give them this thread link and see what they suggest first.. then if not i can explain how you can get something similar to that but it wont be as exact or persist as the forum you have as an example.

Well I found something, if I do it like this:

Administrator Panel > Display > Colors > Table Header > Row Line Color: #00000

and is it possible to make a CSS code to make the Row Line Color Transperant?
I hope your friends got ideas about that Smile
Infectious
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk January 18th 2010, 11:06 pm

you dont even need css to make the row lines transparent.. just leave the color fields blank.

but i do have a css code to make it translucent and i belive you can adjust it to make it transparent.. i have to test it.. in the mean time let me pm them guy's to see what they think.. css is not my best area.. but those guy's are pros when it comes to it Smile
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Infectious January 18th 2010, 11:15 pm

kirk wrote:you dont even need css to make the row lines transparent.. just leave the color fields blank.

but i do have a css code to make it translucent and i belive you can adjust it to make it transparent.. i have to test it.. in the mean time let me pm them guy's to see what they think.. css is not my best area.. but those guy's are pros when it comes to it Smile

yeah would be great to adjust it by myself =)

It would be great if the forum hosters would make this to an feature on the Administration panel, it would be popular in my opinion ;o

Last edited by Infectious on January 18th 2010, 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Infectious
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Infectious January 18th 2010, 11:25 pm

Deletes this if it is possible, and sorry for double posting, I don't think about it hehe xD

Last edited by Infectious on January 18th 2010, 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Infectious
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk January 18th 2010, 11:30 pm

well heres this.

um i belive to adjust it it will be the filter: alpha(opacity=80);
now in you colors table row 1 and 3 if you leave them blank then it will just be completely transparent even with this code.. but when you have a color there.. then you can fine tune it to what you want.

like over here i am useing this and my color set to black with a purple highlight.. but you can set it how ever you want

Code:
td.row1, td.row2, td.row3, td.row3Right { opacity: .8;
                            filter: alpha(opacity=80);
                                    -moz-opacity: .8;

body {
filter:alpha(opacity=92);
-moz-opacity:0.92;
-khtml-opacity: 0.92;
opacity: 0.92;
background-color: none;
background-image: url(\"\");
background-attachment: ;
background-position:center;
scrollbar-face-color: #;
scrollbar-highlight-color: #;
scrollbar-shadow-color: #;
scrollbar-3dlight-color: #;
scrollbar-arrow-color: #;
scrollbar-track-color: #;
scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #;
}

}
now the bottom part of this code if you wanted to add a background image in the table rows then you just place the direct image link where it says.

background-image: url("here");

oh and if that css dose not work you will have to add this to your forums description then you should be fine.

Code:
 <link rel=stylesheet href=URL/Fichier.css type=text/css>

Infectious wrote:It would be great if the forum hosters would make this to an feature on the Administration panel, it would be popular in my opinion ;o

Infectious why are you double posting!!!!!
i told you we do not allow this here. you have to wait for a reply or add to your previous post useing the edit button.If you continue to double post i will be forced to put a warning in place.

Last edited by kirk on January 18th 2010, 11:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Infectious January 18th 2010, 11:35 pm

Spoiler:

Great I will test it, and give report back if I made it as I wanted it^^

Hmm I don't see any problems I've done, can you take a look? www.puszyhunterz.hotgoo.net

I added it in Colors > CSS Stylesheet
and added the other code to "Site Description" in General

I didn't get it to work properly ;o
Infectious
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk January 19th 2010, 2:38 am

um did the small code fit all the way in the forums description?
Also be sure at the bottom of the css sheet you have
(deactivate the basic css) set to no.

and just for the heck of it try the code below real fast.
it should be working. it works on my forums.
here
here
and here

Code:

td.row1, td.row2, td.row3, td.row3Right { opacity: .100;
                            filter: alpha(opacity=100);
                                    -moz-opacity: .100;

body

filter:alpha(opacity=92);
-moz-opacity:0.92;
-khtml-opacity: 0.92;
opacity: 0.92;
background-color: none;
background-image: url("http://i46.tinypic.com/20a9tm8.jpg");
background-attachment: ;
background-position:center;
scrollbar-face-color: #;
scrollbar-highlight-color: #;
scrollbar-shadow-color: #;
scrollbar-3dlight-color: #;
scrollbar-arrow-color: #;
scrollbar-track-color: #;
scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #;

}

or try switching your colors for the table rows with the first code?
what versions are you useing again?
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Infectious January 19th 2010, 8:04 pm

or try switching your colors for the table rows with the first code?
what versions are you useing again?

I'm useing phpbb2, it only works for phpbb3 or?

Edit: I tried you last code, it was not transculent but I saw the Image you added, in all the Row lines

Last edited by Infectious on January 20th 2010, 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Infectious
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemjc January 20th 2010, 8:23 am

nice cabal forums. used to play that.
The Forum Column - Transperant (Help)
> transparent

i got warning the first time i double posted. you are lucky Smile

kirk, nice site, how do you do that moving image in there?
and by the way, if you make your site transparent, does it make it slower?
bluemjc
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum