The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

User gets logged out when trying to post

3 posters

Go down

User gets logged out when trying to post Empty User gets logged out when trying to post

Post by begodsglow January 26th 2010, 11:41 pm

Hi. I just received this via contact form on my forum (I've verified she's registered & account is active). Anyone have an idea what to do? Sounds like a browser issue to me. I asked her via email to let me know about OS and browser, but haven't heard back yet. Maybe others will go, "Oh, yeah that problem!" Hoping so, lol. Thanks!
Hi, I'm new here, but each time I try to post a reply or a note to someone, I get logged out, and can not post. How can I fix this? I am a registered user.
begodsglow

Language : English

Back to top Go down

User gets logged out when trying to post Empty Re: User gets logged out when trying to post

Post by Darren1 January 26th 2010, 11:45 pm

Hello,

If the user/s is on Internet Explorer it is a known issue that cannot be fixed.
The only thing we can suggest you to tell the user/s is that they clear the cache & cookies of their browser, and upgrade to FireFox.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

User gets logged out when trying to post Empty Re: User gets logged out when trying to post

Post by begodsglow January 26th 2010, 11:47 pm

Wow, ok. Any particular vesion of IE that's the big problem? I've posted to my forum with IE (I have the latest and am running Vista). I usually use Firefox, but checked it on IE, you know.
begodsglow

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 January 27th 2010, 7:32 am

I've only experienced this issue on IE6 & 7, but have been told it does occasionally happen on IE8, but I have not yet experienced it, even though I rarely use it.....so I cant really talk hahahaha

I believe that the problem has been somewhat improved since about 6 months ago, but still it's still happening.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by begodsglow January 27th 2010, 11:11 am

Ok, thanks for the info! Smile
begodsglow

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk January 27th 2010, 11:49 am

well that's odd i have been using ie forever and it never happened to me.
I honestly do not know what would be causing it. i guess just try what Darren said and hopefully he will not have the problem anymore.

i use IE 7.. i wont go to 8 until they come out with a 9.. lol
for it seems it takes Microsoft to Finlay get all the bugs out of things by the time the launch a new version. i had 8 i tried it for like two weeks.. i said forget that.. there was just to many glitches with that..But it was a wile ago. anyway 7 seems to work fine for me so i will stick with that for now.
I also have firefox and flock as back ups
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down