The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where, what is the forum hosting server country?

2 posters

Go down

Where, what is the forum hosting server country? Empty Where, what is the forum hosting server country?

Post by lizrus August 18th 2006, 4:54 pm

Hello,

for legal purposes I want to know, in which country the server of zikforum.com is situated.

It is important to know, if I have to present my name, adress, telefon-number in the mainpage of the forum.

thx
lizrus
lizrus

Back to top Go down

Where, what is the forum hosting server country? Empty Re: Where, what is the forum hosting server country?

Post by Wiegraf August 18th 2006, 5:14 pm

Hi^^

I will ask one of the administrators Wink

Knight Wink
Wiegraf

Back to top Go down

Where, what is the forum hosting server country? Empty Re: Where, what is the forum hosting server country?

Post by Wiegraf August 18th 2006, 5:36 pm

Hello ^^

Ok, here's the answer the administrator of the french side gave me :

Laurent wrote:Most of the servers are hosted in France, but some of them are in the USA Wink

Knight Wink
Wiegraf

Back to top Go down

Post by lizrus August 18th 2006, 6:04 pm

Thx very much, Metal Knight.

is there a possibilty to ask the administrator, which of the servers are in the USA?
lizrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Wiegraf August 18th 2006, 8:33 pm

hi

I've asked the administrator, but I don't think he will tell me wich one(s) is/are in the USA Confused

And... why do you want to know, by the way? (you're the first member who's been asking this Confused )

Knight Wink
Wiegraf

Back to top Go down

Post by lizrus August 18th 2006, 10:08 pm

Metal Knight wrote:And... why do you want to know, by the way? (you're the first member who's been asking this Confused )
Knight Wink

I told You at the beginning of this thread. I don't want to put my address and so on in my forum. But I think I have to, regarding European law.

But it is done now - I found a server in the US.

Anyway, thanks for You assistance, Metal Knight.
lizrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia August 18th 2006, 10:13 pm

Hello.

When you create your board, you don't need to provide your phone number, your home address and your name. I never had to do this since I know Editboard (even when it was available only in French). In old times, when I created my first board (in September 2004), there was a "First name" field in the board creation form, but it has been removed because many people don't like to give their first name.

The only thing which is required is an E-mail address which will be used for the board management.

If you speak French, you can consult the Juridical section on the French support : http://forum.forumactif.com/index.forum
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia February 28th 2007, 5:34 am

No news, good news Arrow Garbage
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down