The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paying for exporting?

2 posters

Go down

Solved Paying for exporting?

Post by esoterica February 8th 2010, 4:56 am

Hi Smile
I'm aware that forumotion is not one to allow the exporting of forums, but I was wondering if a paying for exporting option is possible.

Basically I am looking for a forum site that suits my needs and I love forumotion.
I was already planning on paying for my own domain to be used for the url, so a cost associated with exporting, should the need ever arise, is not a worry to me.

What does worry me is the idea of being stuck with a forum that my needs have outgrown.
While this isn't a sure thing, it is always a possibility for the future, so I'd like to consider my options now.

What also worries me is the idea that forumotion will claim ownership over anything I put in my forum.
Does this mean if I post artwork that I have created I am forfeiting the rights to the property to forumotion?

Thanks for answers to my questions and concerns Smile

Last edited by esoterica on February 10th 2010, 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To mark as solved :))
esoterica

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Paying for exporting?

Post by Darren1 February 8th 2010, 5:46 am

Hello,

I'm sorry but that isn't possible either.

The reason for this is not because they want to keep their data, but simply because forumotion uses custom-coding, which is NOT compatible with the real versions of forums such as phpbb.

If YOU created any artwork, poetry, novels ect then under international law, and forumotions ToS it is YOURS they DONT claim rights to it, but merely say "they host this forum with this great piece of work" if they wish, AND have your permission to advertise that Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by esoterica February 8th 2010, 6:08 am

Thank you for that darren1 Smile
I feel much better about the ownership regarding artistic works now!

Still stuck as to what I should do regarding the exporting side of things.
I really, really love forumotion but I'm so worried about issues in the future.
I started a forum elsewhere and after a year they changed everything and now my members and I are quite unhappy with many of the changes and there is no way to export from there either Sad

Guess I'll play with my test forum some more while I weigh up all the pros against this major con for me.

Thank you again for your help darren1 Smile
esoterica

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 February 8th 2010, 6:58 am

Your very welcome.

I've heared of some forumotion exporters but by the looks of it their really out-dated and I wouldn't even bother my time with them, let alone no-one here on the SF would be able to aid you with is as we don't know how it works
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by esoterica February 10th 2010, 8:16 pm

I've played around some more and I really can't fault anything else!
I would love to be able to merge two threads without the having to be in the same section, but that's not a fault, just something I need to remember when merging.

Thanks again for your help Smile
I think even without the exporting, I will stick around Smile
esoterica

Back to top Go down