hide the links and images to guests

Go down

hide the links and images to guests Empty hide the links and images to guests

Post by YanOri on February 24th 2010, 9:02 am

some time before i saw a topic from one of the staff ...(most probably typlo, sorry if i am wrong)
on how to hide the images and the links for the guests...!

but right now i am not getting the topic even after searching the forum.
can anyone help me ? in finding the topic again...?
please provide the link
YanOri
YanOri
Forumember

Male Posts : 283
Language : English

Back to top Go down

hide the links and images to guests Empty Re: hide the links and images to guests

Post by kirk on February 24th 2010, 9:29 am

dimon wrote:some time before i saw a topic from one of the staff ...(most probably typlo, sorry if i am wrong)
on how to hide the images and the links for the guests...!

but right now i am not getting the topic even after searching the forum.
can anyone help me ? in finding the topic again...?
please provide the link

it's just hide tags
Code:
[hide] [/hide]

so you would have to have the tags for what ever it is your hiding.
you could even do the whole content of a post. but now the thing is with forumotion hide tags.
once a member is logged in and replies they will see the content.. now guest will not see it.
but if they have the privilege/permissions to reply to a post or forum, then they will.So if you do not want any guest to ever see it unless they become a member. then be sure to have the forums permissions set for guest to only view and read. not reply..

i am almost 100% sure thats how it works.. just test it.. do a post then log out and you will see... i have tested it before and am pretty sure thats how it goes. i don't have time to do it right now.. but log out and tell me if you see this below.

info added

yup thats how it works.
but remember members will see it and guest will only see it if they have permissions to reply.
if they do not have permissions to reply to the forum that the post is in then they wont see it.
i think even members have to reply first to see it too but i cant remember.. and i cant test that here because i only have one account here and plus thats all your allowed to have... lol

then for links. if you really want to hide them from everyone accept members that know where to click. there is always invisible imaging.. but you would have to take the quote feature out or anyone can see it then.. but thats a whole nothing thing anyway and is only good for roll playing forum games or something like that. i don't even think many people do the old roll playing forum games anymore these days Sad
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

hide the links and images to guests Empty Re: hide the links and images to guests

Post by YanOri on February 24th 2010, 12:14 pm

thank you very much for taking your time to help me out....
but i am not talking about the hide links mate (the code that you used works, i could not see them when i logged out)

but what i really want is the guests should see like this " you have to register to see the link"
or "you have to register to see the image"

and i am sure that its possible in forumotion...
i have seen the topic for makig that possible just two days ago....
YanOri
YanOri
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on February 24th 2010, 12:40 pm

well not that i am aware of?
but i just told you.. don't have the forums permissions for guest to reply
and you don't have to worry about anything. then the only way they can see it is if they become a member.. so you kind of answered you own question there:)

or just have forums permissions set for guest not to see any forums at all unless the register and become a member? or (designate certain sections/forums) but thats about all forumotion offers for the hide stuff. you have to remember forumotion is a free forum host open to the public. so most of these kinds of options referring to are usually through paid host/forums.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by YanOri on February 24th 2010, 12:46 pm

bro , see here...in his forum it is activated....
i am sure i have seen a tutorial on that.... ...see the topic here...
https://help.forumotion.com/other-problems-f46/permissions-on-the-images-and-links-in-the-posts-t58214.htm?highlight=links+guests
YanOri
YanOri
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on February 24th 2010, 1:08 pm

yeah that helps a lot... lol

for one the person never got back to us. and the forum link he has in his profile? None of his post/boards go to anything saying anything like what is in the example screen over there. It just goes to the login page of his forum..so this leads me to believe that the screen shot he provided and was asking about is not even a forumotion forum? it's probably a v-bulletin or (something like that)? once again this is something you usually only see on paid forums my friend. so i dunno?

May be someone can help with this if there is some kind of script or something? but i am thinking this is a option/feature that is not offered on forumotion at this time?
I might be wrong? if i am i would like to know to Smile
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by YanOri on February 24th 2010, 1:16 pm

@kirk wrote:yeah that helps a lot... lol

for one the person never got back to us. and the forum link he has in his profile? None of his post/boards go to anything saying anything like what is in the example screen over there. It just goes to the login page of his forum..so this leads me to believe that the screen shot he provided and was asking about is not even a forumotion forum? it's probably a v-bulletin or (something like that)? once again this is something you usually only see on paid forums my friend. so i dunno?

May be someone can help with this if there is some kind of script or something? but i am thinking this is a option/feature that is not offered on forumotion at this time?
I might be wrong? if i am i would like to know to Smile

its ok bro...i am really glad at your patience...
but please don't lock the topic as someone may be knowing the link.....

EDIT :: oh my GOD after searching for more than 4 and half hours, i finally got the topic....
bro krik, please peep in here...
https://help.forumotion.com/frequently-asked-questions-f5/set-permissions-on-the-images-and-links-in-the-posts-t57364.htm
YanOri
YanOri
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on February 24th 2010, 1:50 pm

oh ?? well then there you have it.. my bad.
i don't remember seeing this before Question it is relatively a newer feature.
excuses excuses study

so thats cool. luky explained it all very well. Smile do you still need help with it ?

And thanks for pointing it out cheers
i really do not recall ever seeing this.. things happen shakng2

cool feature though.. it's about time..luky.. hahaha geek thumright
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by YanOri on February 24th 2010, 2:38 pm

no , my problem is solved...you may please lock the topic now...
thanks for your time
YanOri
YanOri
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum