Domainname situation, possible forum bug.

Go down

Domainname situation, possible forum bug. Empty Domainname situation, possible forum bug.

Post by vortex on March 3rd 2010, 5:12 am

Hello everyone,

I will try to illustrate my problem.
Two years ago I purchased a personalized domain name through forumotion for my forum, last year it was renewed through forumotion again with credits but because sensitive personal information data was added about the domain owner I asked an Administrator here to change them. Since that could not be done we solved the case by transfering the domain name from forumotion ownership to a personal GoDaddy account of mine, paying a little fee for maintenance.

Everything has been working fine (about 6 months now) since and the domain in GoDaddy is paid untill 2012, untill the forum started giving me warnings my personalized domain is expiring. I didn't pay attention since I figured it's automatic since it was first purchased and registred with the credit system...

Now it has expired and the problem is this: Every morning the "Personalized Domain Name" field goes blank and I have to manually enter my domain name... The forum goes "down" and users can't connect to it.
When I enter my domainname I also get an Alert in red saying "Domain is already taken"...

In the Misc tab/domainname it says my domainname will expire in -12 days (obviously already expired and counting backwards).

the forum is 360gr.forumotion.com and the domain name is www.360-gr.com

Please assist.

many thanks
vortex
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Domainname situation, possible forum bug. Empty Re: Domainname situation, possible forum bug.

Post by MrMario on March 3rd 2010, 6:03 pm

You should be an option in the Mics Tab // Spend Credits // Domain and click on renew. You might want to PM Typlo to help you.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Domainname situation, possible forum bug. Empty Re: Domainname situation, possible forum bug.

Post by vortex on March 3rd 2010, 7:27 pm

sure there's that option to spend more credits...but I shouldn't have to...
I pm'd Typlo yesterday or day before ..hopefully he's not too busy and will sort me out soon.

thanks.
vortex
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario on March 3rd 2010, 7:49 pm

Buying another year for a domain name will cost 1600 credits.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by vortex on March 3rd 2010, 9:36 pm

The domain name was paid until 2012 when you guys transfered it to my GoDaddy account.
I quote from the control panel:

Personalized domain name

You don't have a personalized domain name for your forum. You can have one in the credits management , either you can indicate below a domain name that already belongs to you and which you have configured to use with your forum.

Domain Name : http://

The way I understand it, it's free if you already have a domainname... no ?
The problem is, when I enter my domainname it works...but why does it reset every night and goes blank??
vortex
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum